Ah yes, Bangcock 1968 what a time. Spent $1000 in 5 days! Off topic I know.... sorry......
And YES, I had the same exact thing on my 05. Wiggled the harness that comes from the left handlebar switch assembly, and everything came back on. Raised tank, found that connector, unplugged, sprayed with wd-40, put back together, and so far, no more problems with horn, turn sig, brake light.

Just got home from 100 mile ride around San Diego County in 100 degree temps during which I lost all turn signals and brake light......didn't think to try horn but it is probably part of the problem too. So, your fix and your timely mention of it here will be the first thing to try tomorrow. I know the turn signal bulbs are good because Decosse's keyless ignition system still flashes the turn signals. I'm assuming that means the fuse is okay too.

Thanks. :thumbsup:

... I know the turn signal bulbs are good because Decosse's keyless ignition system still flashes the turn signals. I'm assuming that means the fuse is okay too.

Thanks. :thumbsup:

Well the circuit path to flash the turns from the KeyLess is actually quite different (does not go through the flasher or the turn switch) - however it does originate from the same fuse (fuse 4) - if fuse 4 were out, then the Key-Less would not work at all.
Question - Do ALL the turns flash from the keyless (ie ALL 4 corners) If one side does not flash it could point to an issue with one of the fixtures or bulbs.
Which gen of key-less is this? (Sorry I have so many out there now, hard to keep track of who has what version now)
I think you have the last model yes? Solid State version?
Can you tell if it at least initially comes on after you (effectively) turn on the ignition?
Test with turns, reset and test with brake - potentially you could have a problem with either of those circuits which is 'tripping' the solid-state switch (same as a fuse protecting essentially)
If ALL the turns are working (from the arm/disarm flash) then they would not be the cause; but if they initially work, then when you pull the brake they trip off, that would suggest problem with brake light circuit.
If it does not work at all after reset the ignition, then check the main key-switch connector.
The terminals of interest would be 6 & 8 - Orange and Orange/Green & Black/Blue on main side and white & orange on keyless side.

If you can access the horn terminal, (Black/Blue wire) - turn on ignition and see if that has 12V wrt ground (engine or batt negative - NOT the other horn terminal)
Then operate either Turns or Brake and see if the voltage trips off.
If you do not have 12V there at all (even before operating brake or turns) then problem would have to be at the key-switch connector - or the keyless switch itself. :eek:

Last edited:
Well the circuit path to flash the turns from the KeyLess is actually quite different (does not go through the flasher or the turn switch) - however it does originate from the same fuse (fuse 4) - if fuse 4 were out, then the Key-Less would not work at all.
Question - Do ALL the turns flash from the keyless (ie ALL 4 corners) If one side does not flash it could point to an issue with one of the fixtures or bulbs.
Which gen of key-less is this? (Sorry I have so many out there now, hard to keep track of who has what version now)
I think you have the last model yes? Solid State version?
Can you tell if it at least initially comes on after you (effectively) turn on the ignition?
Test with turns, reset and test with brake - potentially you could have a problem with either of those circuits which is 'tripping' the solid-state switch (same as a fuse protecting essentially)
If ALL the turns are working (from the arm/disarm flash) then they would not be the cause; but if they initially work, then when you pull the brake they trip off, that would suggest problem with brake light circuit.
If it does not work at all after reset the ignition, then check the main key-switch connector.
The terminals of interest would be 6 & 8 - Orange and Orange/Green & Black/Blue on main side and white & orange on keyless side.

If you can access the horn terminal, (Black/Blue wire) - turn on ignition and see if that has 12V wrt ground (engine or batt negative - NOT the other horn terminal)
Then operate either Turns or Brake and see if the voltage trips off.
If you do not have 12V there at all (even before operating brake or turns) then problem would have to be at the key-switch connector - or the keyless switch itself. :eek:
Yes, just received your system a few weeks ago, so it must be the latest and greatest....or very close to it. I am deep into couch potatoness now......watching Perry Mason......so I'll start troubleshooting tomorrow per your advice.....thanks much.....will be in touch.....night.

Sorry - old-timer's disease setting in :roll:

Okay Ken, time to crank up those powerful/old-timer's brain cells. A few minutes ago, with a printout of your troubleshooting advice in hand I started testing. The turn signals flashed at all four corners whether I am coming from or going to the bike, as designed. Now, today, the turn signals, via the handlebar switch, are working just fine and the running light and brake light works and the horn works(if you call it's pathetic, "meep, meep".....working). I also activated the brake light multiple times with the turns flashing and nothing tripped or failed.

So, what do you think? I didn't start the bike while doing these tests.......should I do it again with the bike running?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Shouldn't make any difference with bike running but go ahead and try it.

Did you turn ignition off and on again when you got home yesterday to test again, or just park it for the night after switching it off?

Did you turn ignition off and on again when you got home yesterday to test again, or just park it for the night after switching it off?

Turned it off and headed for the liquor cabinet. :rolleyes:

PS I did turn it off and on a couple times yesterday during pit stops.....lunch.....gas... after I first noticed the turns not working.........truth is I don't remember if I tried using the turns again after those stops......I do remember resorting to hand/arm signals the rest of the day.

With engine running test results remain good.

Last edited:
Back