check Palatina and they will sell you one
check Palatina and they will sell you one

AWESOME finishes, love the Carbon ( I've got the front fork shields from cactus_composites now anyway, since they were posted 12 Captains have bought them off eBay Carbon Fibre Triumph Rocket 3 III Fork Guards Protector Panel and mine went up C$19 ;)).

If given a choice I'll go the Brazilianed version in pic #8 though.;):D

There are only 33 out there: Triumph RS Rocket III Cafe Racer (40 HQ Photos)

Last edited:
:eek: I am on the fence on whether a fully dressed Rocket with all the bells and whistles would appeal to me??? But the option would be great... I think Triumph should play to the customer and offer the Rocket in different models all together, just like what Honda does with it's Goldwing engine. You see that on so many other types and models of bikes these days... Or, if they are thinking of discontinuing the rocket all together, they should have a special version with all the bells and whistles available by special order only. That way it keeps production costs down. Just an idea anyway.....:thumbsup: But I do like my roadster in all it's simplicity, there should be some more options available to appeal to today's high tech riders and customer base. It is time to modernize this beast..... That or open her up all the way and sell a 250hp version of the roadster.... One or the other will sell...:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Actually Mike, for me anyway, I picked the Rocket because of its lack of techno-babble. Having heated grips and cruise control on the Touring would be a nice factory feature though.

Talked to one of the Triumph USA representatives today at the Triumph display during the Barbor motorsports event. I asked him about the future of the Rocket and was told that although the Rocket was not one of their best sellers, they are selling enough to continue production. He said they sale about 500 Rockets in a the USA each year, but sell many more than that worldwide. He would would not discuss about any upgrades to the Rocket but asked me what I thought needed changed to make a better bike. After I listed pretty much what we have discussed on this site (including more HP), he floored me by asking if I thought a smaller and lighter frame would improve the bike! Obviously I said YES! Not sure if this means anything, but very interesting. By the way, I saw three Rockets ( one Roadster, one Touring, and one Classic) at the event.

I like the R3 frame just the size it is. It gives it a "presence". It's also great for riding two up which I do most of the time. The missus and I stopped and sat on a 1st gen V-Rod before I bought the R3. No way that was gonna work.

Perhaps a Rocketized version of a lean light street fighter, but not all Rocket models lean and light....for touring and power cruising, big and burly is necessary!

The 1600 gtl I traded my R3 for has all the gizmo's necessary to keep my wife from making me buy a harley or indian bagger but, like most BMW's they engineered the grin factor out of it, I miss the intake howl of my R3 :(.

......A vincent LIGHTNING RAN 150 on the salt flats, VERY FEW LIGHTNINGS WERE EVER MADE. Also Rollie Free rode it with a bathing suit on and the picture became famous. ....

EDIT: I just noticed the straight black line on salt that allowed him to steer face down !!

Thanks Dave I was not aware of this before or had paid no attention if I had seen it fleetingly. Different era's and interests I suppose :(
Incredible in this or any era really!! The ultimate opposite to ATGATT!

Not lying on the 'spine' as stated below but just the rear mudguard.

Rollie Free - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Free had already developed a style of removing the seat from his mount, and lying flat prone along the back spine – thereby minimizing wind resistance, and placing most weight over the rear wheel. It is generally believed that this bike is The Black Lightning though, a custom order from the factory and was some 100 pounds lighter and 25 hp more powerful than the stock Black Shadow. In one of his books, Phil Irving (one of the designers) said that there were only about 16 of the model produced. The Black Lightning is the fastest Vincent ever produced.

To protect himself and allow comfort when in such a position, Free had developed special protective clothing. However, when his leathers tore from early runs at 147 mph (237 km/h), he discarded them and made a final attempt without jacket, pants, gloves, boots or helmet. Free lay flat on the motorcycle wearing only a Speedo bathing suit, a shower cap, and a pair of borrowed sneakers – inspired by friend Ed Kretz. This resulted not only in the record, but also one of the most famous photographs in motorcycling history, the "bathing suit bike" shot taken from a speeding car alongside his run on the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah.
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Rollie Free, record run (to a speed of 150.313 mph [241.905 km/h])

Rollie_Free%2C_record_run.jpg

Low resolution, fair use image of an historic photograph, photographer Peter Stackpole, 1948.

Source: motorcyclemuseum.org

Last edited:
AD..where is this place ??

Palatina Dreambikes & parts
Motorcycle Repair Shop

Address: Horstring 12, 76829 Landau in der Pfalz, Germany
Phone:+49 6341 82144
Hours:
Palatina dreambikes&parts | Facebook

There are only 33 out there: Triumph RS Rocket III Cafe Racer (40 HQ Photos)

Based on the largest displacement motorcycle series in the world, the Triumph Rocket III , since 2005, produced the Roadster RS III. The number of handcrafted copies is limited to 33.For the metamorphosis from the Baroque Cruiser for sporty driving machine a total of 72 parts, or assemblies to be modified. For this, the vehicle must be disassembled down to the frame and engine. For design and technical expertise is responsible Fritz Rebholz, owner of the two-wheeler forged Palatina in Landau. The production of all body parts takes over the company Wethje, currently Europe’s leading companies in terms of carbon processing and supplier for Formula 1 Well-known companies such as LSL (footrests) and Wilber (suspension)

Back