Next Generation Key-Less System

Look in my signature and make your own.
I did and am. I found a schematic on here with 3 relays. I plan to follow it. He said there new fob kits with the relay built in. Problem is i don't know which relay system to buy. You have a link to a fob set I should use?

3 relays is the correct way to go. You can figure out which goes to each relay from the wiring diagram in my link. One relay will do the job though, but it is a bit "redneck". I used only the one relay and 100,000+ miles later it still works. All the fob does is turn a switch to send power to activate the relay(s). There is very little draw through the fob reveiver so just about any fob system you are happy with should work. It was several years ago that I wrote those instructions, so I am not sure what is currently available.

Here's my schematic:

I used an immobilizer like this:

and I made one for my dad's Goldwing using one like this:

I ended up not using the GM relays like in the original post because it was a pain getting all of the spade terminals to stay on so I just found some small circuit card mount type and used a small bread board to wire it all up. It's been working great since I made it. Plus they have an "override function" too. If you lose your FOB or the battery dies, you can use the switch (I wired in a more robust momentary toggle that is hidden) and bypass it, then just re-enable it when you get the FOB or change the battery.

Here's my schematic:

I used an immobilizer like this:

and I made one for my dad's Goldwing using one like this:

I ended up not using the GM relays like in the original post because it was a pain getting all of the spade terminals to stay on so I just found some small circuit card mount type and used a small bread board to wire it all up. It's been working great since I made it. Plus they have an "override function" too. If you lose your FOB or the battery dies, you can use the switch (I wired in a more robust momentary toggle that is hidden) and bypass it, then just re-enable it when you get the FOB or change the battery.
Avionics showoff

@DEcosse doesn't visit the forum very often anymore @Gorila , but by posting text @ symbol and start a member's forum name and click on correct option the forum server will then send a message to their phone/ email if allowed/set up. Otherwise he may answer a private message from a forum member.
Just click on his Avatar name and when the popup box appears, click on the 'start a conversation' button at lower right of popup box.

Hello DEcosse, i hope youre doing well
Currently my R3 Touring is getting fried more often, and your solution looks as the better one for the hughe lack of imagination electric design.
Can you please quote for me? i have a USA address so i suppose is easier to make the deal if you still producing the solution
Best regards and thanks in advance
Leo
Yo can have mine if I can find it. It got wet, I thought it wasn't working, but the problem turned out to be something else, I'm pretty sure it works, but it's free if you want it. With 2 keyfobs.

If you can't get one of his, then you can build one yourself. Instructions are in the link in my signature, along with some other useful stuff.
Sorry IDK I just robbed your signature block contents lol. loads of useful info there. looking at playing with the key fob. have you got any pics of it going together :) Thanks

Back