Free Bell helmet

Paul, I saw that as one of their promotions, but I don't think I'll be able to take advantage of it as it ends on March 10th. I won't be hurting too much as I have 5 helmets already with not that much wear on them as I've been over here (Djibouti and Afghanistan) for 41 of the last 50 months.
It's coming to an end, my association with KBR, so I'll get plenty of use out of them in the upcoming months.
Dennis
18 days to go!

Great news

The loan is approved, now if Travis can get me the VIN # on the Classic when he gets it in, I can get the insurance on it and be ready to roll...eventually.
Dennis
14 dtg and I will be flying to Dubai to Paris to Atlanta to Pensacola. Going to be a long two days of flying.

Green Grass of Home

Have a safe flight OUT MolinoMan. OUT of wherever you've been. OUT of Dubai (I have been there a few times, although on civilian and/or commercial assignments). Then, there's that magic moment. You're on the same trip but you suddenly sense that you're no longer flying OUT. You're flying IN. Getting closer to home. The Paris- to- Atlanta- and- on flights fulfill that IN mission. They are gonna be honky-dory. Wish I could greet you upon landing. Best wishes and compliments on your Rocket, whatever your ultimate decision in terms of colors or other details. Kindly. Jamie

I've never been to Dubai UAE, but I've seen plenty about it on TV. I'd like to visit there just to go skiing in the indoor ski hill. I though it was a mechanical and engineering marvel the way it was built. I guess when you have unlimited (oil) funds, you can do that sort of thing.

My layover would include at least one trip down that indoor hill.

Hope your flight(s) are uneventful and you arrive safely. Good luck with your new toy. It wll probably be nice to be in the States again.:)

Don't think I'll go there, it's a habit of whenever I fly thru a muslim country, I go straight to our hotel (KBR picks up the tab), get something to eat (we usually arrive around 1:30 in the afternoon) get my room (hope that my room mate is not a slob or very noisy) get a nap, get up take a nice hot bath, shave (not as much this trip since I grew a beard...should last about two days after being home before wife says shave it off) take another nap. Get up about 10 pm, get on bus and pass the time at the airport till my flight leaves around 1 am and get to Paris around 0630, three hour layover then off to Atlanta.

I don't usually leave the hotel as I take no chances of getting in any trouble (I don't drink so I don't have a problem there), no accidents (had two guys go on R&R last year who got hurt pretty bad in an auto accident in a taxi (they don't know how to drive very well either) and messed up their R&R and in fact no longer work for KBR) and I don't even bring any medication as some of our "over the counter" drugs are illegal here...we have 2 people currently in Dubai for 4 years (maybe 3 by now)...in jail because they made that mistake. I just resume my blood pressure pills when I get home.

Don't get me wrong, Dubai is a beautiful city, built on real cheap labor, but I'm more interested in getting home with no problems, than enjoying the sites, sometimes you just gotta set priorities.
Dennis
13 dtg! (9 more days and I take my first convoy out of here to get to the next base on my way out, then Thursday next week I get my second and last convoy to get to Bagram...and we all know what happened there last week).

For Jamie and anyone else curious

Current set up of new ride:
2007 Rocket III Classic (preferably Phantom Black / Sunset Red...if not readily available: Phantom Black / Tornado Red as long as it has the black engine).
Corbin Beetle Bags
Front Dresser Bars
Heated Grips
Sissy Bar and Pad / w Triumph badge
Roadstar Screen
Lower Air Deflectors
Fuel gage
Analog Clock
Power outlet
Fog lights

A question about the Corbin bags, once they are ordered, does anybody know about how long it takes to get them? Mine are going to be painted two tone.
Dennis

Back