Changed my mind

Ooooops, changed my mind, it appears I am not getting that Classic Tourer after all. I've spent the last week, since I sent the deposit in, looking at a lot of pictures of the Rocket and I kept getting drawn back to the black engine. That, as a few of you know, was originally my first choice, and price wise the Classic Tourer was close to what I wanted, but I just couldn't get past the engine...it's gotta be black, even if I have to pay a little over $600 more for it to get the same configuration as the current Tourer accessory offering.

And even that may change, I am not entirely sold on the "panniers" yet, may be giving a good look at the Leather Lykes or even the Hepco and Beckers (expennnnnsive), my main concern is lockability and I'm not sure if I want to plunge into the Corbins...just yet. But I've got a while yet to think it over, the first order of business is to hope that D&D will be successful in getting me the Phantom Black / Sunset Red model....here's hoping. After I return here for the last 6 weeks I can make my final choices for the unsettled items.
But I will be riding this summer.
Only four more weeks to go.
Dennis

Ooooops, changed my mind, it appears I am not getting that Classic Tourer after all. I've spent the last week, since I sent the deposit in, looking at a lot of pictures of the Rocket and I kept getting drawn back to the black engine. That, as a few of you know, was originally my first choice, and price wise the Classic Tourer was close to what I wanted, but I just couldn't get past the engine...it's gotta be black, even if I have to pay a little over $600 more for it to get the same configuration as the current Tourer accessory offering.

And even that may change, I am not entirely sold on the "panniers" yet, may be giving a good look at the Leather Lykes or even the Hepco and Beckers (expennnnnsive), my main concern is lockability and I'm not sure if I want to plunge into the Corbins...just yet. But I've got a while yet to think it over, the first order of business is to hope that D&D will be successful in getting me the Phantom Black / Sunset Red model....here's hoping. After I return here for the last 6 weeks I can make my final choices for the unsettled items.
But I will be riding this summer.
Only four more weeks to go.
Dennis

I love the black engine and am contemplating a paint job from the current silver. The first photo of a Rocket with black engine was love at first site. I'm still pleased with the Cardinal Red as it is such a stunning color red.

I can imagine you mulling over your choices, second guessing, third, fourth , and even fifth guessing decisions. I think you have lots of time to ponder, maybe too much time. If this is the case, you can really try and get it right the first time. Good luck on that!!:D

I can say for sure I'm curious as to your final decision.:)

Last edited:
Molino. Your most recent posts prior to the last one read truly momentous to all of us. And now, you,ve authored a... downer. You ain't gonna sit on it, let alone vroom vroom it, if you keep on changing your mind. Hurry up, for your own sake. Best. Jamie :cool:

Jamie

Jamie, I know what you are saying, but physically I can't really do anything till I get back stateside March 18th (and even then I have to wait till D&D opens up on Tuesday the 20th). I've really only changed my mind twice, got caught up in all the "discounted" goodies on the Classic Tourer so I originally went that route, but I just couldn't get past the black engine...if I'm paying that kind of money then I decided I'd better get the bike I want and Phantom Black/Sunset Red with the black engine is what I want. I wish the Tourer came in the black engine, I could have probably lived with any of the choices in color but for what ever reason Triumph decided the Tourer was going to be the silver engine and I'm not compromising for that price (maybe a serious discount...I'd think about it) so I'll pay the extra.
Again, I spoke with Travis yesterday and he assured me they are going to see if they can get one before I get home...if not I still have till May to see if they can get one. If they can't I may start looking at other Triumph dealerships a little further away, but for now I want the local dealer to see what they can do.
Don't give up hope on me, the Rocket is what I am getting next, just got to work out the details.
Dennis

Dennis wrote:
Again, I spoke with Travis yesterday and he assured me they are going to see if they can get one before I get home...

Dennis,
Travis really shouldn't have trouble locating what you want. It just depends on how hard he wants your biz. I hope he does you right cuz it's convenient to stay with a local dealer who is a straight shooter and has a decent mechanic. I'm sure all will work out, after all this is the greatest country on God's green earth.:) Hurry back!!

Jeff

Now you're talking Dennis,get the black engine by all means. Now you tell me after I went to all that trouble to sit on that Classic in the picture with my golf shoes on.:D They have a red with black engine demo but I would hold off for virgin.Travis should be able to get what you want.I will see him next week and put a word in for you since you can't be there.I really want you to have what you want and would be happy to act on your behalf.

Baggage1

Bob, I would appreciate your help in that, I'm sure Travis should have no problem getting one. I'm now basically waiting for a VIN number when it comes in so that I can run the application about a week or two before I get back, then I can also arrange insurance, supposed to be only another $17.25 a month for a total of $43.25 for both my Gold Wing and the Rocket.
Thanks,
Dennis

I'll be going to the shop tomorrow and I will see how things are progressing on getting you your Rocket.Now you want a Red with Black motor am I right on that?

Baggage1

That's right, but there are two reds, I want the Phantom Black and "Sunset Red".
Thanks,
Dennis

Back