Ya know, I never realized just how perturbed that I am with Triumph until I started thinking about it this morning.

I was going to get started on the fork oil change, Progressive springs and neck bearing lube and adjust.

Broke out the manual and came to the startling revelation that the only way to change the fork oil was to take the entire front end apart and turn each individual fork leg upside down to pour the oil out of it.

So what should be about a 2 hour maintenance job has, by very poor engineering, been turned into a 8 hour cussing festival.

Thought about searching the forum to see if there's a shortcut but was so irritated that I went bike shopping instead.

The R1200 adventure bike might work. Plenty tall and light. Lots of luggage capacity too. The R1200RT would fill the bill. Really like the K1600B but I understand there a maintenance nightmare. Could even get along with an Indian Springfield Dark Horse.

They had one Motus on the floor. Interesting but way too small and expensive

Ok enough belly aching and whinging. Off to see if there is a good trick for the forks. If not I will just take it apart.

Ya know, I never realized just how perturbed that I am with Triumph until I started thinking about it this morning.

I was going to get started on the fork oil change, Progressive springs and neck bearing lube and adjust.

Broke out the manual and came to the startling revelation that the only way to change the fork oil was to take the entire front end apart and turn each individual fork leg upside down to pour the oil out of it.

So what should be about a 2 hour maintenance job has, by very poor engineering, been turned into a 8 hour cussing festival.

Thought about searching the forum to see if there's a shortcut but was so irritated that I went bike shopping instead.

The R1200 adventure bike might work. Plenty tall and light. Lots of luggage capacity too. The R1200RT would fill the bill. Really like the K1600B but I understand there a maintenance nightmare. Could even get along with an Indian Springfield Dark Horse.

They had one Motus on the floor. Interesting but way too small and expensive

Ok enough belly aching and whinging. Off to see if there is a good trick for the forks. If not I will just take it apart.
When my shop did the Traxxion front upgrade they said it was quite a job. That's shop talk for a mo fo sob. They though about turning the whole bike upside down.:rolleyes:

I test drove a K1600B and it was a slick machine but we really did not have the room or $ to add another bike. I did have a desire for the SF but thought Vintage, a CDH, a Chieftain Elite and two RMs were enough Indians for one garage.;)

When my shop did the Traxxion front upgrade they said it was quite a job. That's shop talk for a mo fo sob. They though about turning the whole bike upside down.:rolleyes:

I test drove a K1600B and it was a slick machine but we really did not have the room or $ to add another bike. I did have a desire for the SF but thought Vintage, a CDH, a Chieftain Elite and two RMs were enough Indians for one garage.;)

Great Mel, now I'm perturbed with you too!
:mad::p:laugh:

Going to take it apart. Will start a new thread on the touring forum with details. No point in getting this one any further off the rails. (If suchlike could happened)

Back