I was in a local dealership yesterday - They had just been to a meeting at Triumph. A piston was seen ( dinnerplate) size and the talk was a 2600cc displacement block. Who knows......

Like I said before boys. I will believe it when I see it. With big bike sales in a serious slump I can't see how a return on investment for an updated model of what was already a niche market bike and a slow seller to begin with is going to happen.

Like I said before boys. I will believe it when I see it. With big bike sales in a serious slump I can't see how a return on investment for an updated model of what was already a niche market bike and a slow seller to begin with is going to happen.
I am inclined to agree - but the salesman who mentioned the prospect got a kick and was told to shut up by his manager. I know Triumph did research on the Ducati Diavelle - keep an open mind..

Just saw this thread and then called my Triumph resource who is frequently "in the know". He said there will very likely be some sort of announcement regarding this at the big Triumph meeting in England in 2-3 weeks. He believes it will be throttle by wire/cruise control and there is talk of a fairing.

I really don't need another Rocket but what the He11... My daughters are going to be able to have a really great yard sale when I'm dead!

Last edited:
I am inclined to agree - but the salesman who mentioned the prospect got a kick and was told to shut up by his manager. I know Triumph did research on the Ducati Diavelle - keep an open mind..

Don't get me wrong. I would love to see it happen :thumbsup:

I “think” what you’ll see is a super high spec, very limited edition model released initially at up to 50% more expensive than the “ordinary model”. Sort of like a CVO version but not as stupid looking. Depending on how that is received, general release may follow. Where there’s smoke there’s fire so you can believe at least some of the rumours. 2.5 be my bet, Diavel styling and up to date electronics.

The dealer I was at the other day seemed to think the same thing. New electronics, cruise and other goodies.

Back