IMG_0461 (1).JPG Worked for me. Filled forks to prescribed distance according to manual. Used the expensive tool Truimph provides for the job. Kind of like doing my own work. Not only saves money but if it is screwed up i can only blame myself. The money i save on labor is more than enough to justify the expensive tools to do the job. Truimph recommends changing fork oil every 40,000 miles? No thank you. I'll change every 20,000 miles. Do like the Progressive springs over the stock. Less nose dives and much better ride.

I can't think of a USD fork that you can effectively change the oil on without removing them, there may be some I just haven't come across one yet (it's not saying much I haven't done stacks of them). To get all the oil out you generally need to disassemble the fork as well or at least pump the suspension repeatedly while out. The hardest part is lifting the front of the bike, after that it's a super quick job slipping the Rocket forks out. Just make sure you measure how much comes out of each leg! I didn't service my Rocket ones myself as I sent them away to get revalved but I imagine they would be similar to most other USD forks.

Touring model has conventional forks. Not inverted like the other bikes

Touring model has conventional forks. Not inverted like the other bikes

Was going to point that out too. Normally with conventional forks if you remove the axel you get access from the bottom of the leg to the bolt that retains the compression/rebound cylinder/s. Im not 100% certain but if you undo that with a rattle gun the oil should drain. In fact, that bolt is called the oil lock capscrew. Hopefully someone will confirm. Remove the fork caps.

Again, Spring will be the absolute EARLIEST official announcement, and it'll be a closed audience, Triumph dealer network symposium.

They can and may kill off the bike at any moment. It's built, it's tested, it's yet to be photographed in the wild.

Like I said before boys. I will believe it when I see it. With big bike sales in a serious slump I can't see how a return on investment for an updated model of what was already a niche market bike and a slow seller to begin with is going to happen.

And...it flies in the face of a comment at a press conference last year when they said categorically they were abandoning the cruiser market to focus on thier urban ( Cafe Racer) range.

So , it will be very interesting if they do. I would have thought that a ‘spot’ while testing somewhere might have been forthcoming if they are almost at production phase...interesting...I actually hope they do.

My local dealer volunteered similar information to what has been posted here already. They had a mockup at a dealer conference he attended and he was able to see it briefly but they didn't leave it out long for obvious reasons. Basically, he said to expect upped displacement - 2500cc and around a 100# weight loss aiming to put it in line with power cruisers like the new HD FXDR114 power cruiser and less so the Diavel.

I said put me down for one as my Rocket Roadster can then be my touring bike, by then having probably 50-60000 KM on it.

The abandoning Cruiser market tactic is actually consistent still, this isn't a cruiser anymore by the traditional defenition.

Forks draining: I know there's at least 1 model out there in the world that has USD forks with a drain port on the bottom, I just recall which model. Honestly, I wouldn't think that's a great idea, lots of crud comes out of forks at 20k.

The only way they're going to cut 100lbs off is going to be a change to frame IMHO.

If you look at the new line of Harley's offered ,Triumph bobber ,Indian models, it looks like they are all going to the "café" style ,bobber style, to get into the scene. Fine by me, let'em in. Some of these look like something I'd get my hands on when I was a little younger. My boy (21) is looking at the Indian Scout 1200 now.

Back