New rebuild

Looks good. I though green was an unlucky color for a motorcycle.
unlucky for a Harley. I think that dates back to the post-war when the returning soldiers didn't trust the color of the war surplus bikes, custom paint, anything but green, and so the chop begins..

Harley had a nice 2 tone green combo in the mid 90's, so they didn't agree with the "green is unlucky" theory I suppose.

edit: just noticed Tomcat has made this point already.. must be true!

Last edited:
I've been green for 7 years

Fantastic color. I scratched the hell out of my front fender a while back, so been playing with the idea of going full-on British Racing Green, but I do love the black/red scheme. I'd probably go with a somewhat light tone with metallic in that case rather than a deep dark green.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_racing_green

british racing green.......... beautiful, has anyone here done just that? if so, show it. do it now:)

Quick update, got some of the tin work back on today, looks awesome. New radiator guard is on, fitment of the recovered Long haul seat was not very successful, has to go back for re trim to make it fit more like the standard at the front. Here are some pics, Had a fall down my front stairs so having a break and a few beers, lmao... Still waiting for the new exhaust and tow bar.. The first pic is my Exhaust before chrome and ceramic coating
Adam's RIII Inch & Seven Eighths Exhaust-1.jpg

IMG_5476.JPG
IMG_5477.JPG
IMG_5478.JPG
IMG_5479.JPG
IMG_5481.JPG
IMG_5483.JPG
IMG_5485.JPG
IMG_5486.JPG
IMG_5494.JPG

Last edited:
More photos I can't see. Did you load them differently to the first ones of your paint job or has something changed on this site?

@bruce aussie nah mate that's it, used a different camera, photos do not do it justice, alot more light outside today, it is darker than the photo, we are aiming for the ralleyman ride if your keen, or we could pop over to say Hi and meet in woodenbong...

Back