New mystery Triumph to be announced next week

Looking closely at the new Speed Triple shots, I recon its the same bike, with update electronics and 5 more "manufacturer claimed" HP (meaning, nothing changed).

spoke again to local "stealer" he is sure there wont be another R3 using the emmissions story, "NOTE TO TRIUMPH" In Australia we dont have those restrictive laws so just make it for us!!!!!! oh I believe the USA dont either, so you can make it for them too and maybe New Zealand although most of the Kiwi's are here anyway hahahaha
No race bias retorts please

Can't agree more. So what if Europe doesn't want a Rocket in there countries. We sure do everywhere else.

Can't agree more. So what if Europe doesn't want a Rocket in there countries. We sure do everywhere else.
We don't want Harleys here either - Take them all back and we'll (maybe) think about limited manufacture for export.
But knowing the Bloors - if they don't sell in big enough quantities - they won't make them.

The Rocket had a remarkably long production run. But it's a niche product. I know that other marques are sorely regretting having invested in designing a big cruiser. Sales simply are not there. I think demographics are against it. And as we know, we are all a dying breed.

Last edited:
We don't want Harleys here either - Take them all back and we'll (maybe) think about limited manufacture for export.
But knowing the Bloors - if they don't sell in big enough quantities - they won't make them.

The Rocket had a remarkably long production run. But it's a niche product. I know that other marques are sorely regretting having invested in designing a big cruiser. Sales simply are not there. I think demographics are against it. And as we know, we are all a dying breed.

I have to ask, what do you want??? 50cc scooters??? like to see how many riders contribute to the riding experience if we lose all our cruisers, we are the people that enjoy the ride enough to share it with others cant see ME sharing a riding experience on anything less than a rocket.

I have to ask, what do you want??? 50cc scooters??? like to see how many riders contribute to the riding experience if we lose all our cruisers, we are the people that enjoy the ride enough to share it with others cant see ME sharing a riding experience on anything less than a rocket.
But would you as a mfr make something that lost you money? - I would love a Automatic Diesel long distance hauler. Or maybe LPG instead of Diesel. But there's no demand so they are not made.

It has nothing to do with what I want - It has to do with what sells. And the Big Cruiser market is fading slowly.

But would you as a mfr make something that lost you money? - I would love a Automatic Diesel long distance hauler. Or maybe LPG instead of Diesel. But there's no demand so they are not made.

It has nothing to do with what I want - It has to do with what sells. And the Big Cruiser market is fading slowly.

I dont think you will ever see a LPG bike on the market, too volatile and reduced milage would warrant too big a tank, all for the diesel though but i feel it would need a turbo to do it any justice, In my uneducated mechanical mind I think that because the bottom end of the rocket engine is so strong it wouldnt take to many brain cells to make it suitable for diesel fuel which would solve all the problems with limited outlay, given that the only part that would need any modification would be the engine and I believe they are half way there already. As I am sure you are aware that the more bikes they can produce using the same basic format, gearbox, drive, electrics and of course the frame the cheaper the unit cost becomes so then maybe the bike can pay for itself and become viable by increasing the sales volume.
The main reason people arent buying big cruisers, I suspect, is because of all the media hype and b....... is scaring them off, and they dont want to be stuck with a white elephant. But you can bet your bottom dollar they will still be made and they will still be sold by at least one manufacturer and it will be their salvation to continue with the manufacturing albeit they may need to change a little, they made need to cater to some idiosycrasies of the rider of the day, but they will, as sure as eggs survive. Keep in mind that not everyone has to abide by these emission laws and if some manufacturers drop their versions of these cruisers then the overall choice is reduced, promoting more sales of the ones that are still available to the hungry for power and style riders, of which there are many.
just sayin:confused::confused::confused::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Not just the Bloors, it apply s to any industry--good sales =profit, poor sales= loss i am suprised that Triumph kept the Rocket around for so long for it is not a big selling bike more a prestige thing ---- look how big my bike is-------- :D

Not just the Bloors, it apply s to any industry--good sales =profit, poor sales= loss i am suprised that Triumph kept the Rocket around for so long for it is not a big selling bike more a prestige thing ---- look how big my bike is-------- :D

"Bloors" seen this word used several times in this thread, as i am an old fart that is not up with computer terminology or the greater common use of acronyms will someone please explain what a bloor is??

Back