New mystery Triumph to be announced next week

:notworthy::notworthy::rolleyes::rolleyes::oops::oops::D:D ok just did a google search now I know what a Bloor is sorry Mr Bloor, please keep the Rocket alive so dumb smucks like me have time to find out more about them and the people who own the company worst part about that is that I am from Oadby in Leicestershire near the factory 49 yrs ago though

Pricing has been revealed and they remain competitive.

US:
Triumph Speed Triple S – $14,350 MSRP
Triumph Speed Triple RS – $16,350 MSRP

With these prices, Triumph has made it a no-brainer for the RS model to be the better value for your dollar, with the $2,000 premium getting you Öhlins suspension, an Arrow exhaust (street legal), and IMU-powered traction control and ABS, as well as an up/down quickshifter.

Against the other brands, Triumph makes a strong impression too, being the cheapest out of the European streetfighter options.

At $16,350 MSRP, the Triumph Speed Triple RS is $455 more expensive than the BMW S1000R ($15,895 MSRP with similar packages), $1,149 cheaper than the Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory ($17,499 MSRP), and $1,649 cheaper than the KTM 1290 Super Duke R ($17,999 MSRP)

2018 Triumph Speed Triple Pricing Revealed

They're not publishing prices for the UK market until Monday 26th Feb.

Oh my but what a beauty she is and with the bags and windscreen. I think I'll start a Go Fund Me account for a new Speedmaster and hope each and every one of you will contribute. I also want the bags and windscreen so please be generous.

Oh heck, I just noticed that it has spokes, an unrepairable flat tire waiting to happen. No thanks.
Yep, inner tubes is a deal breaker with me also. Spokes are fine provided they are if the type that don’t need inner tubes. Death to the inner tube!

Yep, inner tubes is a deal breaker with me also. Spokes are fine provided they are if the type that don’t need inner tubes. Death to the inner tube!

Roger that. BMW, Yamaha Super Tenere, the new VStroms and the Honda VFR 1200. 1olbull's brother Dan rode his VFR over the other day.

Now here's the dopey thing Honda did.....At the 2016 Horizon's Unlimited Adventure gathering in British Columbia, I test rode a number of bikes to include the VFR1200 and the Honda Africa Twin, up and down a local mountain ridge, both very impressive machines with the VFR being the more powerful bike. The VFR is also more road worthy, with the 19in front wheel and it has the spoke, tubeless tires. Now the Africa Twin with it's 21in front wheel is much more off road capable and on it are standard spoke tires with tubes. I asked the Honda rep just what went into that decision and he had no answer.

036 (1632 x 1224).jpg

040 (1632 x 1224).jpg

Yeah, I want to get caught out off road on top of a mountain with a flat tubeless tires. What are they thinking?

Back