New Exhaust need a tune

Hanso, Thanks for the offer and yes there are mates close by that could give me a helping hand, but I'm a bit of a stubborn old bugger when it comes to my disability and I don't accept help easily. Maybe a bit stupid at times but it has served me well cos I don't give up easily.

Warp, I fully intend to get the trike to a tuner and have spoken to Richard at TTS who has a dyno that will take my trike but want to get a tune on there thats not a million miles off to start with and I don't really see another option. The journey to TTS is about 100miles do you think I would be unwise to ride it there ?

Mitzy, I've heard a sound clip of this exhaust and it's not as loud as it looks (although I guess it depends how much you turn up the speakers) We'll see pretty soon lol

realised I hadn't given credit to the maker of this fine exhaust. It's one of Sam's of pred fame. So thanks Sam for a beautifully crafted item.

What about the heat? Do they put of a lot more? I notice no shields. Nice looking.

They are indeed a one-off. Will do a sound clip once up and running.

Stripes, What you looking at are the heat sheilds. The pipes themselves are black ceramic coated and the heat sheilds are a twinwall of polished stainless. So hopefully not too hot.

It's a shame really that there doesn't seem to be any exhaust systems that will make a stock motor sound good idling. Apparently if you pull like a tractor, you must also sound like one :D

OK guys, I need a little help here. I have finished installing the pipes and triple k&n's and have applied the tune: Power-Tripp Jardine 3xK&NRU-2780a.hex from the TuneECU website.
The problem is that I can start the engine but only by giving it a fair bit of throttle and the holding the throttle above 2500rpm. If I let it drop below that, it will cut out and fart back through the intake as it does so. I therefore cannot reset adaptives because it won't start and idle. Even when running it is slow to pick up when applying more throttle.
I have check the TPS readings and they are 6.0 and 7.0 which I believe shouldn't be the problem. I have no error codes and have tried all the diagnostic tests and all seem ok.
Any ideas please.

Back