New Exhaust need a tune

evanr

.040 Over
Ride
2005 Rocket III Trike
Right, I have managed to aquire a, new to me, exhaust.

The picture shows this exhaust on the previous owners bike, not my trike. Any how, I've also got triple K&N's and have downloaded TuneECU. The previous owner never had his bike dynoed and ran a TuneBoy tune for Jardines and was happy with it.

The exhaust is 1.75inch with cylinder 1&2 joining and 3 with only a small balance pipe between that and the other 2. There is no O2 port in the exhaust and if I were to have one fitted I'm not really sure what would be the best location.

My question is, do you think I would be safe to fit this exhaust and run with a jardines tune (tuneECU) until such time as I can get to a dyno that can not only use tuneECU but also the ability to dyno a trike ?

All opinions are welcome.

Maybe help on left handers :D

The Jardines tunes are fairly rich and as long as you were not riding it to hard for any sustained distance it should keep you out of trouble but you definatly will need to get it dynotuned

Just a thought you could always read his ECU with your TuneECU if he was happy with the TuneBoy tune but I would still get it professionally tuned

Just realised I never replied to this thread. So thanks for your comments. I'm actually half way through changing out the exhaust and fitting the triples right now (not an easy job one-handed lol). And intend sticking one of the tunes from the tuneECU website on initially and we'll go from there. I'll stick some pics up when done. I'm trying out yet another different k&n that I've not seen used before.

Just realised I never replied to this thread. So thanks for your comments. I'm actually half way through changing out the exhaust and fitting the triples right now (not an easy job one-handed lol). And intend sticking one of the tunes from the tuneECU website on initially and we'll go from there. I'll stick some pics up when done. I'm trying out yet another different k&n that I've not seen used before.
Owooo another new eye candy filter ... please disclose, do show us some pictures.

Shame it is such a big swim I would pop over and give you a extra pair of helping hands...... is there no-one near to help you:)

Personally if I was going to run a pipe like that I would definetley take it to a tuner that can stick a multispectrum gas annylizer up each pipe and make sure it is right. its a good looking pipe and you do not want to burn the valves by running any basic tune for other pipes.
just my 2 cents worth.

Back