New Darksided Touring - Skidding without ABS (normal?)

I just DS’ed my 2013 R3T with a Bridgestone Driveguard 205/70R16 based on the favorable reviews by other R3T owners who DS’ed. I set up the tire with 28 PSI and test road. I then pumped it up to 40 PSI and road. I would let a little air out and adjust the suspension until I dialed in the combination for my weight and riding style. I did over 200 miles on the tire today to “scrubb it in.”

in all cases, I find the rear tire skidding when stopping and not engaging the ABS. Is this normal?

ABS is not working

I think 1olbull was involved, but he doesn't come around anymore, I'll ask him on the other site. I'm pretty sure it was trying to run a 130 tire on the front. I don't remember if check engine light came on, though.

I think 1olbull was involved, but he doesn't come around anymore, I'll ask him on the other site. I'm pretty sure it was trying to run a 130 tire on the front. I don't remember if check engine light came on, though.
i think u r correct
tell all of them hello for me.

It was a post by Steve. It has to do w/ the front and rear tire sizes being within a certain ratio % from each other. Stray too far and you get and ABS light, I thought. Doesn't sound like the OP is dealing w/ an ABS light though. From what I gather it appears to be working fine (hence the front is working), just sounds like the rear tire is locking up if he gets on the rear binders too hard. A harder tire compound like a CT skid a little easier, but if the ABS is working correctly, then when the rim stops rotating , it should pulse the rear brakes to prevent lockup.

That’s what I thought too. I am wondering if the tire compound or profile is affecting the ABS sensitivity. The tire is harder than an MC tire so I expect some differences. I have read that some European bikes with traction control are dialed in with a specific brand and compound so switching tires affects the software. Not sure if the ABS on Triumph is this way though.
Automobile abs is controlled by a sensor in the brakes that detects when the wheel stops rotating. Rockets have got to be the same. Have your sensors checked out. Your assumption is the DS tire is “slippery” compared to your stock tire. If an auto brakes on ice, its more slippery than usual but ABS still works but stopping distance goes through the roof. Your rear wheel should be no different. It seems your sensor is not detecting the rear wheel not rotating.

It's a car tire, why would you expect it to work on a motorcycle, smh.

Back