DS Touring info

ski

Hog Smogger
Ride
'14 Rocket III Touring
Hi Guys,,,long time no post. Mucho (for Lupe) respect for my Texas Cap'ts. SALUTE!!!
So, I have decided to go to the Darkside. I have thought about it since the Valky days. Ima gonna pull the trigger. To those of you DSers who have the Touring or Tourer... I believe I will go with the 205/70/16. Good? No scraping? I would like to hear about the specific tire you feel is best. Looking for one somewhat rounded at the edge. Good sidewall strength. Availability now. I ride solo, and am a bit on the heavy side, (easy Jim.) I do like the twistys but only 10% or less is turny, and I understand the're fine in the turns. What you say?

I ran a 205/60/16 Yokohama Envigor V rated on my old road glide and Im running that same tire on my R3T. The only issue I have is at excess of 100mph it wants to start to weave back and forth. It may be a tire pressure issue. I currently run 42 and the tire is rated to 52. Everything else is awesome with this setup twisties included. Take it easy for 400 miles while it breaks in and you get used to it.

I have put a little over 40,000 miles on my R3T. Love the bike. I've been looking at the change to a CT. First, do you use internal beads for balancing? Second, talking to the local shops and they don't install CT on cycle rims. Who changes your tires? I would appreciate the "Darkside" views.

I ran a 205/60/16 Yokohama Envigor V rated on my old road glide and Im running that same tire on my R3T. The only issue I have is at excess of 100mph it wants to start to weave back and forth. It may be a tire pressure issue. I currently run 42 and the tire is rated to 52. Everything else is awesome with this setup twisties included. Take it easy for 400 miles while it breaks in and you get used to it.
THE ONLY ISSUE ? thats a BIG problem weaving at 100 MPH put a real tire back on your bike and be safe. CAR TIRES DO NOT FIT MOTORCYCLE RIMS CORRECTLY

I have put a little over 40,000 miles on my R3T. Love the bike. I've been looking at the change to a CT. First, do you use internal beads for balancing? Second, talking to the local shops and they don't install CT on cycle rims. Who changes your tires? I would appreciate the "Darkside" views.
I install my own tires. I use Ride On to balance them.
Screenshot_20171001-131919.png

Sh!t happens fast at triple digit speeds. Not a good time to deal with instability of any kind. That's something that should really be looked into. Whether or not you run DS is up to you, but it sounds like that particular tire isn't right for your bike. Not trying to start anything, just genuinely worried about your safety.

Sh!t happens fast at triple digit speeds. Not a good time to deal with instability of any kind. That's something that should really be looked into. Whether or not you run DS is up to you, but it sounds like that particular tire isn't right for your bike. Not trying to start anything, just genuinely worried about your safety.

AMEN, Bro!!! :eek: :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Back