New Dark side w/side-car

JSHRAM

.060 Over
Ride
2011 Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster
My rig is a "leaner" so the bike does lean independent of the car but mostly it's upright and slower because of my companion, Indy.

I liked it. Super stable on the highway, better than the MC tire. Twisties took more effort, but not bad in this configuration. The car requires more effort anyway.

So, I'm happy with this choice on this setup. It's staying.
20200814_143833_HDR.jpg

20200814_143819.jpg

20200814_144536_HDR.jpg

What size car tire did you go with? Any fitment issues?

Also interesting headers heat shield, any more photos?

Last edited:
What size car tire did you go with? Any fitment issues?

Also interesting headers heat shield, any more photos?

225/55ZR-16 RIKEN RAPTOR ZR A/S SL

Those are Viking Headers with Rinehart exhaust. She dynos 150HP at the rear wheel. I had the heat shield made, even though I cry the loss of seeing those beautiful headers. It was necessary here in the SW... makes it MUCH better to ride, and I do tour with the rig and the dog. :)

20180929_124406.jpg

My rig is a "leaner" so the bike does lean independent of the car but mostly it's upright and slower because of my companion, Indy.

I liked it. Super stable on the highway, better than the MC tire. Twisties took more effort, but not bad in this configuration. The car requires more effort anyway.

So, I'm happy with this choice on this setup. It's staying.
20200814_143833_HDR.jpg

20200814_143819.jpg

20200814_144536_HDR.jpg
I just bought a Rocket Touring with a Champion side car for the wife. Also on the dark side with a rear wheel tire in front. Hate the ride and hard to control over bumps. The prior owner attached a stablizer from the front forks to the side car. Not sure if that is the problem.

Hey Jeeptrix, You must have bought that beautiful red touring model in Goodyear? Was eyeing it myself.

Why not start a new thread with your questions on handling and stabilizer, more people will see it and respond for you.

Hey Jeeptrix, You must have bought that beautiful red touring model in Goodyear? Was eyeing it myself.

Why not start a new thread with your questions on handling and stabilizer, more people will see it and respond for you.
Are you still considering something like the one in Goodyear? It will be coming available due to health reasons.

Jeeptrix, if the current deal I am working on falls apart, I'll drop you a line. Won't know if seller can deliver a clean title for a couple of weeks yet.

Jeeptrix, if the current deal I am working on falls apart, I'll drop you a line. Won't know if seller can deliver a clean title for a couple of weeks yet.
I'd send you a PM if I knew how. I have clear title by the way.

Back