I'm leaning towards the Russell Day Long seat over the Corbin. Not 100% positive yet but they look a bit more comfortable.
I had a Corbin seat on my 05 Rocket. After 100 to 120 miles my ass went numb every time. The seat felt great starting out but it was just too hard as the trip continued. I bought the 05 Rocket used with 8K on it so maybe the other guys ass made a permanent divot. The stock seat on my 14 Rocket is fine for long distance. I honestly think it depends on how you're built and the shape of your Butt. The Corbin wasn't right for me but it was a very good looking seat.

I think it looks great.
tr320dte_39.jpg
tr320dte_111.jpg
tr320dte_202.jpg
The only trouble with Corbin seats is the price to bloody exspensive. Yes nice bit of kit when you look at the price £565 then taxes and sending it to the UK comes out at over £900.

I guess I have been living under a rock up till now lol I have never known of the Russel Day Long seat till mention on this forum. Definitely would consider one of those for my Ultra Classic if I get back into touring, looks like a perfect choice for Iron Butt challenges. Anyway post pictures if you have one built for ya, definitely interested to see how it looks.

I ordered my Russel Day Long, build date is 8 December. I'll send pics when I get it back, should be in time for xmas.

I'll keep throwing this photoshopped picture on to tease you guys. I think this looks a lot better than stock.... imho

Interesting concept? They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder but in this instance I must have gone blind, I don't see any beauty. If the bike looked like this as standard then I would have not given it a second look. Still, everybody likes different things and the world would be a boring place if we all wanted the same.

Agree about beauty being in the eye of the beholder but when I see those fender extensions being added to keep owners and passengers dry..... they look. well, ugly. This was a try at compromise. I'd be curious to see what others would do to the back end. Everyone I've spoken too in my city are intrigued about the engine size and quality of the new Rocket but are miffed at the missing back end. Many actually prefer the old bike's looks to the new. I don't doubt that the new R3 is a hoot to ride but with bags for long distance travelling..... the old Rocket with Corbin bags looks downright sexy.

Agree about beauty being in the eye of the beholder but when I see those fender extensions being added to keep owners and passengers dry..... they look. well, ugly. This was a try at compromise. I'd be curious to see what others would do to the back end. Everyone I've spoken too in my city are intrigued about the engine size and quality of the new Rocket but are miffed at the missing back end. Many actually prefer the old bike's looks to the new. I don't doubt that the new R3 is a hoot to ride but with bags for long distance travelling..... the old Rocket with Corbin bags looks downright sexy.
given how many rockets are in Timmins, yours have to be a unique novelty, i was up there visiting family and friends last summer and i brought the R3T up with me, and that got a lot of questions, and looks

Back