New Avon Cobra Chrome - any good

I am willing to put a set on cos my current set are nearly done - don't know when they will come online here in Oz. I do have the benefit of working only a few blocks from the importer so I will be paying them a visit soon to see when they will have stock.

Only my opinion, but you are better served with the 55 aspect ratio on the rear rather than the 50.

I spoke with the local importer of Avon tyres and yes he will have sizes to suit my R3R only in Feb 2019 - so I am stretching my current set as far as they can go cos I really wanna put a set of Chrome's on the bike ASAP.

Anyone else got a set fitted yet?

Hel$ am game looks good. Like the idea of the advertisement. Not bragging about the good ole boys riding in fair weather trailing to get there instead about us who ride no matter what. Might be a good tire.:roll::roll::roll:;););););)

Good review for the AV71/72 tyres the new Chromes are designated AV91/92 - my importer is still another month away from delivery in our R3 sizes.

My current set of AV71/72's are about done with almost 18,000km on them - still have about 20% tread on the front - the rear is zero, down to the wear indicators now in the centre and about 10% left on the outer edges of the tread.

Trying to hang out for a new set of Chrome's so I can provide a review for Y'áll.

I'm on probably around 3/4 K on a set of Cobras on my 05. Front looks like new, rear no so much. I'll be replacing the rear with a Bridgee when it gets worse. I do have a Cobra on the front of my 2013, and a Bridgstone on the rear, and like that combo better.;)

Back