W
@Bedifferent Concerning your extended warranty, different states have different statues regarding recovery of the funds, pro-rated, if you sell or destroy your vehicle. California, for example, allows you to recover the remaining time if you sell the vehicle, by contacting the original dealer, who must cut you a check. The problem with this is that it needs to be notarized and done in writing so they can't *****around for months on end because each month reduces the check they have to cut.

When I sold my last car, I tried to get my balance back, dealership was out of business. Check into it in your state, you may get nearly all the balance back since your just out of the factory warranty and on the extended.

If you're updside down on the loan, that's what gap is for, if you don't have gap, sorry to say your SOL. The unfortunate part is if you get replacement value, now you've got enough to pay off the loan and you're empty handed for a down payment.

My agent did say something about submitting paperwork (perhaps what your talking about) if the bike is totaled and then talking to the dealer as they might return some of the money. I'm just not very optimistic. I guess I'm getting ahead of myself on the whole thing. I'll know more Friday. My thinking was....if they allow me $12k NADA...add the accessories and if I were to luck out with $1k on the warranty, then that would be $14-15k. I still owe a little over $6,500 so that would allow around $8K maybe to put on another new bike if I could find a new one. (14,15,16.... I don't care.) I'm not looking to make a profit....breaking close to even and not taking a hit would be great.

Being so far ahead on the loan, you're probably going to come out with minimal financial impact on your part, though, you'll end up paying off another bike now :( Really frustrating for sure.

Oh, did I mentioned, Life Cycle in Kalamazoo did tell me 2016 was the last year for the Rocket. He said he just got the word from Triumph and it is no longer going to be made...It's all done boys.

. . . and Clinton didn't delete emails!
. . . I hope this is BS. o_O :confused: :(
I do not wish to own TWO obsolete motors!!!

Fact, 2016 is not the last year for Rocket, Triumph made a public statement to that effect, HOWEVER they didn't say which Rocket will continue, so it is possibly the last year for the Touring.

Triumph also made a statement that by 2018 their whole lineup would be updated, that was in 2015. So, Tigers, Daytona, Street and Speed, Bonneville, Thruxton, have all been updated or will be next year. What's left, Trophy, Rocket, Tbird.

Weight that against Trophy already being the most advanced, and newest design they'll probably count it as "updated" already. Then factor in they've said either the Tbird or Rocket is getting axed, and the logical conclusion is... Tbird dies next year and R3 gets an update for 2018.

wonder what or how they will if they do make any changes to the Rocket ..... a 6 speed gear box or a comprehensive touring package

I'm still waiting on the adjuster to look at the bike this Friday.

Standard procedure. Stall, stall, stall. This along with checking the swing arm, ect is why I suggested you get it to the dealership. If he comes Friday n you can't be there, the service guy can hammer him. You said you have a trailer? Get a friend to help you get it there.
If they don't total it, file a DIMINISHED VALUE CLAIM against them also. It adds $$$$ to you AND THEY OWE IT

DIMINISHED VALUE FAQS | Insurance Consumer Advocate Network

Last edited:
if they do total how is it dealing with a "salvaged" title?

Not sure I know what you're asking.
If they Total the bike but you want to keep it, they will pay you the ACV (actual cash value) of the bike, but deduct the amount of "salvage value" (what a salvage company/junk yard buys it from Ins. Co. for) form the ACV amount which is usually 10-15% on cars (?bikes?)
So if bike is $12,000 bike, instead of giving you $12,000 +tax, title & license - they give you $12,000 less, say 12% ($1440.00) = $1056.00 & you keep the bike - but they take title & have state issue a salvage title, if you ever try to sell it, it will be worth much less because of the salvage title.
zat what you were asking?

Not sure I know what you're asking.
If they Total the bike but you want to keep it, they will pay you the ACV (actual cash value) of the bike, but deduct the amount of "salvage value" (what a salvage company/junk yard buys it from Ins. Co. for) form the ACV amount which is usually 10-15% on cars (?bikes?)
So if bike is $12,000 bike, instead of giving you $12,000 +tax, title & license - they give you $12,000 less, say 12% ($1440.00) = $1056.00 & you keep the bike - but they take title & have state issue a salvage title, if you ever try to sell it, it will be worth much less because of the salvage title.
zat what you were asking?
sort of pretty sure you cant put it back on the road ?because it was totaled or a salvage title or it is a parts only bike?

Back