Bedifferent

Old man on a bike
Ride
2015 Rocket 3 Touring
Well, I'm afraid my career as a Rocket rider has come to a screeching halt for this year and maybe beyond.

On our regular Tuesday night ride I was leading the pack on some back roads to our destination. I missed a turned and was quickly heading for a dirt road ahead that I didn't want to take. I pointed to the right at the road we needed to take and began slowing down before hitting the upcoming gravel. Although we had been maintaining decent spacing during the ride the rider behind me was looking elsewhere as I began to stop in preparation of turning around. He totally blasted me with a rear end collision ending the Rocket and flipping himself and his Indian in the air. He totally raked the rear and left side of my bike. For him, it as 14 stitches and an ambulance ride to the hospital to close the open wound on his elbow. I on the other hand, landed on the ground with the left side of the Rocket and my lower left leg trapped between the handlebars and the gas tank. Hoping my leg wasn't broke, as the crew lifted the bike off me, I was able to get an assist standing and was able to walk even though I was in considerable pain. Eventually the bikes were loaded into a trailer with mine being dropped off at the house. A trip to the ER, after I made it home, X-rays and a CT scan on my neck revealed I hadn't broken anything much to my relief. I'm In considerable pain as a result of my leg being bruised and crushed along with the whiplash I sustained. This has not added up to a fun day with an even worse night last night. I'm sure it will continue to be so for a good many more days. Lots of swelling and what feels like a new pain in a different place hourly, but for the most part I'm good. Thirty years of riding and nothing from the four wheelers and in the end I get slammed by a two wheel distracted rider. Who would have thunk!

Anyway, waiting on all the insurance stuff to see what happens next. My Rocket days may be over and I just got my bike the way I wanted it. I don't want a new bike...I want my old one!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    197.3 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    211 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    204.7 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    217 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    212 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    185.8 KB · Views: 2
Truly feel bad for you and the Indian rider. Sending you my best wishes over the air, heal quick brother

Good to hear you came out with out any to serious injuries and hope insurance treats you right then get out and get Another And Make it Yours All over again

Back