She passed after a hiccup, but is good to go!

MtlSteve

.040 Over
Ride
2014 R3T
1000007058.jpg

in inspection they found a loose tank bolt. PO or dealer was doing work, lost the correct bolts and just used what they had. Bolts that were too long. My rapid fix was add a pile of washers. Brought her back, was good for the inspection sticker. BIG SHOUT OUT TO Sensfan for lending me his stock pipes, this guy would have found the non compliant "off rod use" stickers for sure. TORS are back on and the tank has correct length botts, HEX HEAD 10mm, NOT TORX, that head got damaged trying to tighten down (the threads were maangled, re-tapped and are torqued to spec, 11NM. Let the weather change soon. Reason for the trailer.... it snowed 😞

Funny, here in Florida they don't even inspect cars, and don't even require motorcycle insurance, you can't imagine the junk driving around on the roads. I've had better field cars, lol. I was at the local bar, sheriff deputy stopped for a couple beers, in uniform, patrol car idling. He was looking at my side car rig, it has NY plates on it, sticker says 2014. He said them tags look kinda old. I said eh, I don't go far, just come down here for a few beers. He said, ah, you'll be alright, keep the beer cold, and off he went. Different world down here.

Back