My Moto Hobo life

So with all the rests and days off, how have you fitted in the '8 hours labor' install time quoted originally at Mike's? ;) 🤔 🤣🤣🤣

I would have been camped out on that Volcano cinder field getting dusted by fine black ash daily by ATVs well into November!! $$$$$

8hrs was just an SWAG for the Stator fix (or maybe thats what Triumph of Phoenix led him to believe?).

Unless you have done it before I think you would spend 8hrs just on logistics researching it, ordering parts and tools, etc.

And if you didn't have a professional automotive repair facility like Hermans and lots of experience using variius tools you could spend an extra few hours just on wrenching.

My lists include tasks for electrical and clutch repairs plus Herman and my bonus mini-projects.
At some point, I may create a single list for Stator-specific work and maybe include rough times for each step and real-world first-timer total.

Last edited:
Q. If you had your ’druthers’ would you like to spend your Birthday:

A. Doing the wild thing.
B. Hunting.
C. Walking up Duval Street in Key West during Fantasy Fest.
D. Reassembling your motorcycle with TURBO200R4 (Herman).

As of today, I've done all of the above!!! 😎😎😎👍👍👍👍✌️✌️✌️😜

EDIT: For those that don't know me, that isn't me!!!!

6795F1CB-0012-4E40-A179-3D02F4551F19.jpeg
Pretty sure thats you jim on the, oh i was looking at the wrong picture it’s definitely not jim, hes a badarse marine looking dude, my bad

Last edited:
Herman is one heck of a guy, what a selfish act of kindness he has displayed on this deal, puts a lot of pressure on a man to step up and help a brother needing a helping hand. Very impressive for sure. three cheers for herman, i toast you Herman and will try to replicate what op you have displayed, jim forget the shipping money for tools buy Herman a beer a meal a cigar something for me will you please, im so impressed by what hes done

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Herman opened his shop on his day off and helped me celebrate my special day. Woot!

We made great strides only stopping to get lunch and did the following:

1. Attached connectors to license plate and blinker wires, wrapped and rerouted behind fender.
2. Verified Running, Brake and BOTH Blinkers all worked after wiring fixes. Surprisingly, they did!

3. Herman fixed missing, mismatched fender pillion seat bolts.
4. Reattached plastic rear fender extension and rerouted wires and tubes at the back of the motor.

5. Attached fuse box with Zip ties.

6. Cut my wiring dreadlocks and attached semi-professional looking zip tie labels.

7. Fixed a running light wire going to the trailer junction box used for activation that wasn't even crimped and just held by tape. Oops, well it worked for two months...
8. Lubed bearings and splines and Installed swing arm and drive shaft. See manual for torque procedure.
9. Installed Final Drive Unit. Loose for now.
10. Greased gear teeth and Installed rear wheel and brake assembly. See book for Nms.
11. Tightened Final Drive nuts to spec and the sequence in manual.
12. Reinstalled cleaned and oiled crankcase K&N filter.
13. Started reattaching radiator overflow bottle under left side cover.

14. Herman inspected curent R/R bracket to get options for locating the new ShinDengen 845 Series Style R/R which is slightly larger than OEM.

15. Worked on bad wiring on the front of my trailer. Rewired 12V Cigarette plug and dual-USB plug that also has an LED Trailer Solar Lithium Battery voltage meter. Just need to trassemble.

16. Ate my piece of Chocolate Oreo cake and got a sugar buzz. What a party animal! 🎉🎈🎂

Thanks to @FE_rex for link to fancy labels - much easier to read than sharpy-on-duct-tape method!!

ALSO, Herman checked fit/function of the new Lifter Piece and it appears that neither the wave nor the other two spacers are required! Parts catalog states the spacers are NOT needed anymore but doesn't state anything for the wave washer.

7hrs?

A510B642-BDD2-472D-84DF-E2AE97E791B3.jpeg
D4CC8835-E99F-4667-A40B-8129870B8C60.jpeg
F0432282-B2EA-4A43-9A04-52EC3949924D.jpeg
9DB4152A-C72F-4C14-B2FE-47B5B83EBD1E.jpeg
EB2076A3-7D1C-4623-A79D-91962796833C.jpeg
That wave washer keeps a little ten
Herman is one heck of a guy, what a selfish act of kindness he has displayed on this deal, puts a lot of pressure on a man to step up and help a brother needing a helping hand. Very impressive for sure. three cheers for herman, i toast you Herman and will try to replicate what op you have displayed, jim forget the shipping money for tools buy Herman a beer a meal a cigar something for me will you please, im so impressed by what hes done
That wave washer keeps alittle tension on the lifter pin so it doesn't rattle.

Herman opened his shop on his day off and helped me celebrate my special day. Woot!

We made great strides only stopping to get lunch and did the following:

1. Attached connectors to license plate and blinker wires, wrapped and rerouted behind fender.
2. Verified Running, Brake and BOTH Blinkers all worked after wiring fixes. Surprisingly, they did!

3. Herman fixed missing, mismatched fender pillion seat bolts.
4. Reattached plastic rear fender extension and rerouted wires and tubes at the back of the motor.

5. Attached fuse box with Zip ties.

6. Cut my wiring dreadlocks and attached semi-professional looking zip tie labels.

7. Fixed a running light wire going to the trailer junction box used for activation that wasn't even crimped and just held by tape. Oops, well it worked for two months...
8. Lubed bearings and splines and Installed swing arm and drive shaft. See manual for torque procedure.
9. Installed Final Drive Unit. Loose for now.
10. Greased gear teeth and Installed rear wheel and brake assembly. See book for Nms.
11. Tightened Final Drive nuts to spec and the sequence in manual.
12. Reinstalled cleaned and oiled crankcase K&N filter.
13. Started reattaching radiator overflow bottle under left side cover.

14. Herman inspected curent R/R bracket to get options for locating the new ShinDengen 845 Series Style R/R which is slightly larger than OEM.

15. Worked on bad wiring on the front of my trailer. Rewired 12V Cigarette plug and dual-USB plug that also has an LED Trailer Solar Lithium Battery voltage meter. Just need to trassemble.

16. Ate my piece of Chocolate Oreo cake and got a sugar buzz. What a party animal! 🎉🎈🎂

Thanks to @FE_rex for link to fancy labels - much easier to read than sharpy-on-duct-tape method!!

ALSO, Herman checked fit/function of the new Lifter Piece and it appears that neither the wave nor the other two spacers are required! Parts catalog states the spacers are NOT needed anymore but doesn't state anything for the wave washer.

7hrs?

A510B642-BDD2-472D-84DF-E2AE97E791B3.jpeg
D4CC8835-E99F-4667-A40B-8129870B8C60.jpeg
F0432282-B2EA-4A43-9A04-52EC3949924D.jpeg
9DB4152A-C72F-4C14-B2FE-47B5B83EBD1E.jpeg
EB2076A3-7D1C-4623-A79D-91962796833C.jpeg
I use printable heat shrink when I need to label wires.

That wave washer keeps a little ten
That wave washer keeps alittle tension on the lifter pin so it doesn't rattle.

According to what i found the wave washer would be to much.
In order to gain better info i will put it together and hand tighten so i don't break the cover and see if it will lock down the lifter.
I will post if i am right or wrrooong
Keep in mind this is a 2005 so i will not be able to check later models

Back