My Moto Hobo life

Wow that bike is so shiny.

I have 3 days to give mine a bit of a polish before a long ride this weekend.
Screenshot_20201027_210854.jpg

Wow that bike is so shiny.

I have 3 days to give mine a bit of a polish before a long ride this weekend.
Screenshot_20201027_210854.jpg

That looks like an awesome loop. Maybe someday...

I will be applying the new Black Ice Ceramic product from The Last Coat when its reassembled. Then at least two coats of the regular TLC2 product after the ceramic cures.

Danger Will Robinson, put the centre bolt and spring back in if your timimg is set. Just incase the motor get accidently bumped and gets turned over. The valves do break ! Yes I have a 05 engine with that problem. Even if you just screw it in by hand. I only noticed it because it looks like your plunger drop is close to or is pass the 16mm. So you might want to measure it
I only noticed it because I was trying to see which cam guide you had. But could see it from that angle.
Carry on Captians :)

I checked the rear tire rotation (1/8 turn) after we reinstalled it. Did I Muck-Up??
I would be concerned with cam timing and if chain had slipped/jumped any teeth at crank. Would be worth a check AFTER installing adjuster. Like warp said needs adjuster installed before doing anything.

I would be concerned with cam timing and if chain had slipped/jumped any teeth at crank. Would be worth a check AFTER installing adjuster. Like warp said needs adjuster installed before doing anything.

All set guys. Herman reinstalled the adjuster & all is well.

I checked the rear tire rotation (1/8 turn) after we reinstalled it. Did I Muck-Up??
You would know if the tensioner let loose. But I have seen them release and break valves. Just wanted to let you know incase you actually forgot it. You should measure the drop on the plunger and if it's 16mm or more you'll need the spacer installed. The about 25 mm of plunger travel then its time for new guides amd chain. Which is nothing for you guys to do.

You would know if the tensioner let loose. But I have seen them release and break valves. Just wanted to let you know incase you actually forgot it. You should measure the drop on the plunger and if it's 16mm or more you'll need the spacer installed. The about 25 mm of plunger travel then its time for new guides amd chain. Which is nothing for you guys to do.

I used a steel ball (about 3/8 ) for a spacer
We r well over the 25 mm but every thing is still tight so he is going to go for it. I warned to not do the high revs

We r well over the 25 mm but every thing is still tight so he is going to go for it. I warned to not do the high revs
Just to be sure were not measuring down in the flat bottom hole of the plunger. Were measuring to the first ledge
Screenshot_20200304-065227_Chrome.jpg

The distance between the two surfaces pointed out not way down in the bottom. Hope this helps.
Screenshot_20200304-065200_Chrome.jpg

I like the ball idea 3/8 or 10 mm would be fine the actual spacer triump sells you is .355" thick. As for that much drop it won't drop much more . He's had the beast for years.I dont know if the chain guides have ever been changed. What I do know is many moons ago whilst in the Adirondacks we Nicknamed him Lucky Jim. He could smell them coppers from miles away. Not that we were breaking the law or anything like that :D

Just to be sure were not measuring down in the flat bottom hole of the plunger. Were measuring to the first ledge
Screenshot_20200304-065227_Chrome.jpg

The distance between the two surfaces pointed out not way down in the bottom. Hope this helps.
Screenshot_20200304-065200_Chrome.jpg

Glad uposted i had forgot how.
I measured with the tensioner off the engine
The amout that the plunger was in toward the engine. In other words the amount it had ratcheted in to keep the chain thght. I think i came up with 33 mm

Back