My Moto Hobo life

TURBO200R4

stand up straight and grab the world by the a$$
Ride
07 rocket III classic
I am thinking that it was 6 ohms
Definily high didnt think about that till u mention it i know meter battery is low.
I guess that would make the resistance .4 ohms
When the replacement gets here i will try to get a more accurate measurement

DEcosse

If it's no Scottish it's CRAP!
Ride
Triumph Daytona (Custom)
This is moot at this point - just meter error I suspect, still stuffed regardless of the absolute value
But think of this way
You measured 6.4 terminal to ground and same from terminal to terminal - that doesn't really compute as if it was REAL resistance, you would have got double pin to pin
I think the 6.4 would be more typically 0.5 or so pin to pin and similar pin to ground in a shorted stator
But again, this is just in the noise here - it is bad if you read ANYTHING other than O/L pin to ground
But simple test for your meter is just short probes together

ozrider

2008 Standard
Ride
2008 Standard
Safe and sound Guarding Herman’s shop and de-stressing after the past weeks events.

Made a run for his place after breakfast.
It was a beautiful morning but difficult to enjoy when you’re not running well.

He wasted no time in Confirming a short-to-ground situation and bad stator if I observed correctly?

View attachment 98587View attachment 98588View attachment 98589
one positive is there are no kids racing past kicking up dust into your camper :rolleyes:

Gregger

Nitrous
Ride
2012 Rocket Roadster
Man, this post is better than any "Who Done It" thrillers.

Starts off with the dream, the project design, requirements, then hardware needs and demands. Purchases are made, testing takes place and the dream becomes a reality. The pictures are breathtaking and many of us relived your experiences from the comfort of our homes. The drama increases as problems unfold. The Good Samaritan type nature of this awesome site kicks in with multiple fellows coming to the rescue. The dash to.... (I like to call it freedom) takes place with the ride to Tucson and with battery failing, success finally is at hand.

Man, this is what makes a good novel/story/ thriller. One of my favourite posts this year. Looking forward to "Part 2"

Appreciate the constant updates. Keep us posted and ride safe.

TURBO200R4

stand up straight and grab the world by the a$$
Ride
07 rocket III classic
A special thank you to DEcosse and Kevin for the help they have given.
Thank you kevin for sending the tools and explaining how to use them.
This gives me more confidense to get the job done.

DEcosse

If it's no Scottish it's CRAP!
Ride
Triumph Daytona (Custom)
I have other multi meters
I will try to use one closer to o ohms
Don't bother too much about it - it doesn't really matter in the great scope of things, it's still 'short' whether than be 0.5, 6, or 10 or whatever

When does the great disassembly begin?
Or waiting for part in hand first?

tribal

Turbocharged
Ride
2005 Rocket III & 2015 Rocket III Roadster

1. The Ricks stator left Zionsville Indiana (not Texas where the seller is) on Fedex today. Too late to request 2- day air but it may still arrive by the weekend.

October Eeriness : I went off a 10” drop in ZION NP and the starting issue started the very next day and the part to fix it is coming from ZIONSVILLE!!!!???

Q. Could a bad stator be related to bottoming out and tearing out blinker wires (trailer running lights are out too) or something else I did with my cobble-job wiring? Everything was fine for a month...

2. New Michelin Road 5 DS tire should be here today. The cheapskate in me wanted to eek out another 2K or even 3K but for US$185 I’ll throw a new one. 13K is still better than 11K for competitions front tires...

3. Fighting an internal struggle as to whether to replace the rear Raptor (see #2 above).
- I’m at 23,000 miles for $93 but always get over 25,000 miles on them. That’s a lot of rubber trees that could be saved by waiting a month!!🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈

4. No word on Triumph rear engine gasket being forward here from Flagstaff.

5. New Kellerman blinker is coming but Herman may be able to modify the broken one and I’ll have a spare.

6. Working on fabricating a simple replacement license plate bracket today.

7. No, i am not missing the Volcanic ash dust clouds blowing over me from the desert toys at my last camping spot!

8. Come to Turbo200R4’s place for help and get coffee & Donuts 🍩 🍩 .

9. I may try to fix my 12V trailer outlets if i get ambition as they came in handy for the week that they actually worked.

Pic from Rest Area prior to leaving mountains into AZ desert.
97B7AC45-67D0-4437-97BB-D27791DFC276.jpeg