My Moto Hobo life

Its not Halloween yet, please stop scaring me with wavey washer NOT needed and a spacer IS needed.

I’ve tried to go back to prior posts but it is as clear as Mississippi River mud to a novice. Conflicting info...

OEM PARTS ALSO SHOW THE OTHER WASHER IS NO LONGER USED so i didn't order either one. Hermy himself appeared to agree but he hadn't repaired one recently...

WASHER,THRUST,15X28X1
"> Eng no 249177 - fitted with T3800082, needle bearing. NOT required with T1170067, deep groove bearing"
Yeah, I found that too in the Aussie dealers listings.

Strangely the sprocket #3 on the oil pump has been used in most Triumph models. So may be on a shelf somewhere.
This product fits 221 vehicle variants.
Triumph: 7 models, 221 variants between 1994 and 2020.

Have you tried this US dealer?
T1210810 - Triumph Sprocket, Oil Pump Drive, 25T | Cross Country Triumph, Metuchen NJ

T3 SPROCKETOIL PUMP(25T)
  • Part Number​

T1210810

T12110007 - T3 CHAIN6.35 PITCH70​

• Reference​

• Part Number​

T1210007
  • Description​

T3 CHAIN6.35 PITCH70

1603311489494.png

Here are 2 used sets in US on eBay.

1603313482125.png

1603313535368.png

I got to ask why did you need a new pump chain and drive gear? I might have missed that part ;)

That is a new issue Herman noticed this morning.

The chain has an inch of free play and looks like it is real close to rubbing a hole in the engine case or possibly jump the sprocket.

Do you have any insight on what movement should be there??

My order of a used 2005 set didnt go through and i found a 2006 set but will hold off until you chime in.

Best I could do @warp9.9 .

Let me know if you need any other angles or measurements.

5327E77B-B9E8-4991-ACEB-67578EC58DA9.jpeg
Look pretty much normal to me. The clutch basket spins counter clockwise so when running chain tension with be on the outer side taking the slack out. I got to say fit was mine I'd be putting it back together. Let me look at some of my pictures maybe I can notice the same amount I know they are a loose fitting chain.

Looks to be the same slop. I do have some with the slack on the other side but the engine is upside down. For the people from OZ :D
Screenshot_20201021-200052_Gallery.jpg

that looks like new compared to mine i would guess mine has 3 times the slop that the pic has.

Before I post something I shouldn't . Nothing is sloppy its just some are tighter then others. As long as you don't have to get a penicillin shot roll with it :)
Surely a TMI moment but... It wasn't the shot so much as the probing and scraping to collect the sample to determine that said needle was called for that was painful. o_Oo_Oo_O

You gotta pay to play sometimes. At least they had a fix back then.

I much prefer the recent probing into my Rockets nether regions...

Surely a TMI moment but... It wasn't the shot so much as the probing and scraping to collect the sample to determine that said needle was called for that was painful. o_Oo_Oo_O

You gotta pay to play sometimes. At least they had a fix back then.
No comment. Now back to your scheduled motohobo program...

Back