My Moto Hobo life

"5. Removed wire from the oil pressure sensor ?? At top rear of engine. Need to be careful not to break it when raising/tilting frame."

Not trying to tell you what to do, but in hindsight I sure wish I had taken the time to remove that sensor before raising the frame. :)
we removed it
thanks

So that's where all the electrons went.... toasty :)

Keep the pics coming guys. Glad to see everyone's still talking.

Curious, if you measured this job by the number of beers consumed.... what would it be at now???

So that's where all the electrons went.... toasty :)

Keep the pics coming guys. Glad to see everyone's still talking.

Curious, if you measured this job by the number of beers consumed.... what would it be at now???

My last bender in ’04 almost destroyed my Pancreas so I’m a cheap date these days and usually assigned DD duties. 😩😩😩

I remember the good ’ol days so i think this job would have called for a keg for all the projects to get it road worthy!

25. We also decided to go ahead and replace the Oil Pump Chain and both sprockets as long as the clutch area was being worked on.

Ordered the USED price-to-weight bargain that also included both pumps for $81 from Pinwall. 07 with unknown miles but it looked new and surely fewer than mine.

@Ishrub finds and another one but under Triumph Oil Pump vs chain part number. Found 2005,6,7,8 but went for the more complete set from a more well known seller...

26. New OEM Clutch Lifter parts arrived from Hermys.

More Thursday afternoon pics.

A7F685B2-AA03-4AE7-AE88-ACCCEAC9B002.jpeg
52029D54-135E-4909-9FBA-D2CC724DDEE6.jpeg
5A6FEF8A-D5C6-4887-B841-3BA22A692987.jpeg
ECA83A91-46C0-4F83-923B-9F33820AC19A.jpeg
EAAD5E36-5EA6-4465-96D6-CE2ADF6C5B28.jpeg
DB0A4DBC-53BF-4079-9A94-BB7FA20333C6.jpeg
I would suggest making a couple guide studs to assist installing the cover, makes it easier and keeps from destroying or pinching the gasket. (voice of experience).

I would suggest making a couple guide studs to assist installing the cover, makes it easier and keeps from destroying or pinching the gasket. (voice of experience).
I apply a light coat of grease to the engine case so the gasket sticks and stays on the engine. Then I go up with the cover and scopp up the lifter piece with the lifter shaft. But them are the old days before I trained my bike to do the work while I drink beer :)

I was referring to alternator cover and gasket. True experience, had all buttoned up, running engine, first fire up, and had a leak. For me, I removed the frame, throttle cables, etc.. Let it sit a week or so before reinstalling, set me back a few days not to mention the emotional downer. All good now.

Back