My Moto Hobo life

You would know if the tensioner let loose. But I have seen them release and break valves. Just wanted to let you know incase you actually forgot it. You should measure the drop on the plunger and if it's 16mm or more you'll need the spacer installed. The about 25 mm of plunger travel then its time for new guides amd chain. Which is nothing for you guys to do.
And that spacer to install if required you kindly wrote a thread about an easy cheap cut off bolt from memory.
the spacer can be made from a 10 mm bolt shank about 8.89 mm long.
Looks like you already posted the correct procedure Warp while I was searching for it.
the tool T3880068 is costly when you can just measure it with a set of calipers. It is measuring the drop to the first shoulder like where the ink pen is pointing to in the picture below.

Of course this is done whilst the tension is still on the bike not when it is sitting on you laptop :)

Last edited:
Not paying $100 (or even $45 for used) for a piece of plastic!!

Q. I found this thing in the box of leftover bits. Is it needed or can i put it on Craigs List??

E8D95DE2-6291-4592-8EC6-8CD89E3B2123.jpeg
Well as a boat anchor it will probably work. I'd suggest using the whole bike but since it aint running Picking it up and throwing overboard is going to be hard.
Except for guys like @Steel , :D

Tested lights and ALL running lights were out again and fuse was blown.

Diagnosed it to be a short inside one of the aftermarket license plate LEDs. Hoping anyways! Will carry on with one and consider if it’s worth buying a replacement later on.
Just a thought:
Since you have LED headlights, did you remove the park light sockets? These tend to short out if not populated with a bulb. VERY common source of park fuse blowing when LED headlights are installed

Just a thought:
Since you have LED headlights, did you remove the park light sockets? These tend to short out if not populated with a bulb. VERY common source of park fuse blowing when LED headlights are installed

They are gone on this one. Good reminder though!

I got burned by that before! 5A fuse for optional bulbs goes and bike won’t start!

Back