My bike with cams and Neville Lush tune

THE PUNISHER

Turbocharged
Here are the dyno graphs of my bike,before and after cams and dyno tune.My bike pulled pretty good numbers straight up but it was very very lean.
Neville Lush in SA done all work on the bike,fitted lock up clutch,fitted his cams and done all the dyno work.
Man he is one switched on dude and really knows hes stuff.So here are the charts.
Link Removed
Link Removed
Bike actually done 170RWHP but dyno done weather correction and came out at 167RWHP,not to shabby I reckon

Last edited:
I got home early this morning and weather has been crap(wet)I took it for a quick squirt when I picked it up and it felt strong,it was a bit hard to tell as there was a lot of dirt on the road and i was getting a lot of wheel spin.Hope to takeit out tomorrow for a good test

Hombre likes him also...

This seems to be a real alternative to turbos and superchargers.
He is in the process of doing a nother rocket,hi comp pistons and alot lighter,lighter gudgeon pins big cams.He hopes to get over 200rwhp.I think he will do it easy

Last edited:
I am so glad that Nev has taken it upon himself to propel the naturally-aspirated side of things. A few months after buying the Rock, I thought about going the blown route or the naturally-aspirated direction; the latter won. Don't have the funds right now; but when I do, I plan on sending some to Nev.
I have no doubt that he will achieve 200 RWHP. And the great thing about Nev is that he gives interesting feedback on his HP climb!

Unless I misunderstand the curves, you had 152 ponies and 215 # foot, before the cam upgrade. That is >22 HP and >69 # torque above stock output, at the crank is it not? How did you get to that point; then with, the cams you gained 10 and 15 respectively?

Unless I misunderstand the curves, you had 152 ponies and 215 # foot, before the cam upgrade. That is >22 HP and >69 # torque above stock output, at the crank is it not? How did you get to that point; then with, the cams you gained 10 and 15 respectively?
Nev said out off all the bikes he has done,mine was about 5hp better than them.My bike was running very very lean when it first went on the dyno,Jardines,Unis and Tors full power tune boy tune.
This is what Nev had to say

Wiseco do NOT make pistons for me. JE have a folder with my custom stuff in it. Lofty,1stly good to see you again albeit briefly.Don't you love it how these guys go out drinking etc for three days whilst Phil(my worker) and I do heaps of work! Seriously JD is a good fellow and quite patient to as I had some time issues with a glitch or two in the schedule,nice to me his wife and polite young daughter. Lofty has the figures a little off.The bike put down 170rw for sure but the dyno corrected down to 167 due to the "good" air we had here over the last few days. Looking at the before and after,JD was blessed with a good R3 to start with,the best I have tested in stock form. But we picked up 14hp and it runs very nice. I took her for a short test after rolling off the dyno,just to check low end response(hard to "feel" on the dyno),was in 2nd gear at about 1100rpm and gave the throttle a quick snap to probably 1/3 - 1/2 and the sucker lit up and did a blacky about 50ft long! I took JD out to the street and showed him ha. Motor is all stock,we just put in my drop in cams ,lock up clutch and tuned. Just as well we put in the clutch. If anything this job highlighted to me further how different these bikes are.This one was a cracker from the start,I have had bikes with the same gear on them do only 143hp before tuniung etc.JD had 152 when he got here! Cheers guys and thanks Lofty, hope you got home OK JD!

Back