raymond braswell

Turbocharged
:confused: I have read tons of threads regarding mods. I have not done a lot yet but plan a pretty heavy riding season. So far only got rid of the cat box, put on D&D's, adjusted gas float, put on gas gauge, Triumph leather bags, tall Trumph wind screen. For pure riding comfort what would you mega mod guys suggest i.e. shocks, pull back handle bars, floorboards, back rest etc. Not too interested in more horsepower, jeez, don't we have enough already!? My riding is usually 250 to 300 miles on one day of the weekend, and then three to four 1,500 mile (750 each way) rides over the course of the spring summer and fall. Ride both highways and mild twisties. Ideas?

Here is everything I have on my bike, nearly all are for comfort or visibility...

I have 5 windshields (I use what fits the ride at the time); 2 Clearview GT-25's, a Triumph Roadster and two fly screens.
Triumph Lower Deflectors
Triumph Leather Panniers
Sissy Bar and Back Rest with Touring Pad
Gel Rider and Pillion along with originals
Airhawk, Alaska Sheepskin and Butt Buffer seat pads (I sometimes use none, part or all depending on my rear)
Triumph Heated Grips
Triumph Aux Lights
Triumph Floor Boards (not installed yet)
Rivco Passenger Boards and Relocation Kit
Triumph Off-Road Pipes
Triumph Cat-Bypass pipe
Power Commander III (currently uninstalled, I install it when I feel like playing around)
Tuneboy license with USB cable
Progressive 440 Rear Shocks
Utopia Backrest
Rivco Exhaust Flanges
Rivco Handlebar Risers
Rivco License Plate Relocation Kit along with the original plate somewhere I think
Rivco Engine Guard
Rivco Goldwing Highway Kit with pegs (currently not installed, I take them off when the bike is in commute mode)
Throttlemeister
An LED license plate cover
Spare throttle and clutch cables
Xenon bulbs in headlights
RAM Mount for my GPS
Tire patch kit and an air compressor

I can't recommend the Rivco Risers, Utopia Backrest and Progressive 440's enough as far as comfort goes. Since my bike has quite a few miles on it I travel with extra throttle and clutch cables in case one of them goes on a trip.

That is all I can think of right now...:bch:

Last edited:
I've been strongly considering the heightened riser devices. I understand the existing cables will accomodate such. If I didn't already have OEM floor boards I'd go with the Rivco boards. More slant than OEM; though the space between the leading edge and the shifter will be reduced. An adjustment there certainly MAY be possible, I don't know. Everyone says go with the Progressive 440s as a first mod. I've not gone there myself. I'm not so inclined with the expectation of two-up touring. I think OEM shocks were intended for such.

I'm heading toward Lower Deflectors very soon. Considerable positives have been said herein. A cruise or throttle control or perhaps simply a Cramp Buster. I have a Throttlemeister and find it most appropriate for my brief respite from throttle cramp.

V-B,

Where do you live in MD?

I wanna open a moto-shop down the street from you.

Dang! Why didn't you buy an engine and bolt on them parts, you'd have a brand new bike. :D :D

Butt seriously...

If I had it to do all over again, there are a few 'gotta' haves...

1) a good tall windscreen, perhaps lowers

2) floor boards, perferably with iso-pads to minimize vibration

3) risers to sit you more upright and put your arms in a bent position

4) a back rest that you can lean back on. You can subsititute a hot chick on the passenger seat

5) a set, or two, of highway pegs so that you can change your leg positions. Preferably one's that don't stick out and can catch. There are several type now... Kurykyan makes pegs that attach to the floorboards while others attach to your engine guards.

6) a good seat most of all. Nothing sucks worse than riding all day on a bad seat. Airhawks, butt buster, sheep skins, et all only make a bad seat tolerable.

Let us know what you decide.

V-B,

Where do you live in MD?

I wanna open a moto-shop down the street from you.

Dang! Why didn't you buy an engine and bolt on them parts, you'd have a brand new bike. :D :D

HAHA, I know. I did a lot of touring when I first got it so I have been constantly tinkering with it. It is basically my "Honda Civic" commuting vehicle when there isn't snow/ice/salt on the ground which helped me justify all of my expenses on it :).

comfort

Yo Ray: V.B. told you what to get, now can you have it on by midnite tonite? Don't let the wife see that list. V.B. have you weighed It yet? Would be fun to see weight difference of yours and mine. Jack Bikes that is.

With regard to the bike and having enough horsepower...

Our engine is a 2300 cc and should behave as one. The stock Rock does not exactly behave as I would expect a gigantic 2300 cc to behave.

Back