atomsplitter

Living Legend
Ride
17 T-120 Black, 20 Bobber Black, 98 Trophy 1200
I posted the first ride resulted in a need for suspension upgrades. I ordered an Ohlins TR729 shock and the FKS-219 Fork Emulator Kit. The emulators were shipped from Italy because nobody had them stateside. Ordered the rear shock from AJS and they sent in a special order to Ohlins (my lard but needs a HEAVY spring). Got the emulators last week and the rear shock yesterday. Based on the Ohlin's Tech's advice I took the emulators to Monkey Moto in Argyle for re-valving prior to installation. The Tech suggested a different compression and rebound valve and because each fork leg does one damping action (one is compression, the other rebound) both emulators have to be re-valved. I'll get the rear shock installed this week and probably get the forks completed after Thanksgiving. That should get the jarring from the back and fade from the front eliminated. Also have the forward controls sent to the powder coater to move the foot pegs about 175mm forward which should allow a bit more relaxed riding position and ground clearance once installed.

Back