Gas mileage after slight Mods

Not here in the great white north. W pay about $4.00 US a gallon, half of which is tax! Yay Turdeau!

I am coming into Ontario for a day first week of September...I will top up in Buffalo! I should be able to get round to Burlington and back without needing any of the 4 dollar gas! Unless it happens to be non ethanol, in which case I will get some.

Have not got a clue. I ride just about everyday to work which is about 114 miles a day round trip. All of which is mostly open highway. When I leave for work I stop and get gas at a local store every afternoon. Kind of a social gathering place. Usually only get around a little 2.3 to 3 gallons depending on how I rode the day before. Now it is about 3 gallons to 3.5 gallons. I do kind of get it going to work but coming home in the in the early morning hours I take it slow. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Using those estimates for 114 miles:

2.3 to 3 gallons (49.6 - 38 US mpg) (62 - 47.5 Imp mpg)

3 gallons to 3.5 gallons (38 - 32.6 US mpg) (47.5 - 40.7 Imp mpg)

Relative increase with mods 23.4% 'Taking It Easy' and only 14.3% 'Stepping Out'.
For relative increased fun factor it justifies 'Stepping Out' is the way to go or else the 2.3 US gallons was an underfill which I expect may have been the case.;):D

Yes about 32 or so sounds about right. Really do not care much about gas mileage. Just was surprised at the increase in power vice the cost of filling her up. Sad but true spent a lot of money on the Harley and no where near the power of the Rocket but burns gas like crazy. The Rocket stock was actually a bit slower than the Harley But not anymore. A lot less money Fixing the Rocket up and still pretty good mileage. One Happy Camper. Plus the Rocket sounds awesome when you hit the gas. With the Ramair doing its thing and Paul's exhaust system doing its thing, It sounds like somebody forgot to shut the gates of hell. Loving it. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

I am coming into Ontario for a day first week of September...I will top up in Buffalo! I should be able to get round to Burlington and back without needing any of the 4 dollar gas! Unless it happens to be non ethanol, in which case I will get some.

Yes you should make it to Burlington and back easily. Unfortunately our gas is almost all tainted with ethanol. Strange thing is that even with the world price per barrel of oil at a low, our gas price doesn't drop, but if it gets a bit windy in the Gulf of Mexico, they raise the price, all stations, all brands to the exact same price at the exact same time saying that the supply is in jeopardy. The government body charged with preventing monopolies and price fixing ( The all powerful Competition Bureau) cant seem to admit that this is simply price fixing and do something about it

Using those estimates for 114 miles:

2.3 to 3 gallons (49.6 - 38 US mpg) (62 - 47.5 Imp mpg)

3 gallons to 3.5 gallons (38 - 32.6 US mpg) (47.5 - 40.7 Imp mpg)

Relative increase with mods 23.4% 'Taking It Easy' and only 14.3% 'Stepping Out'.
For relative increased fun factor it justifies 'Stepping Out' is the way to go or else the 2.3 US gallons was an underfill which I expect may have been the case.;):D

My motor is stock and the only Mod I have is a muffler change ( although I've had a box of Ramairs for months but haven't installed them). I have checked my gas mileage religiously for the past 10 or 11 fill ups and I average 37 mpg. Using US gallons as a conversion from liters. Mostly out of town riding very little traffic and no commuting.

Back