This is great guys, keep um coming. Talltxguy: explain more what you mean, mine will snap my head back at a dead start and I seem to have plenty of extra power at cruising speed. Obviously you have boosted your horsepower, what was the one most significant mod for that and did it get you what you were looking for. And what was it you were looking for.

My 2 cents

Ray, your riding season makes what I have planned for the summer look like a run to the 7-11. The only thing I would recommend be placed at the top of your list are the Progressive shocks. When I installed my 440's the ride difference was unbelievable. I do find the Triumph gel seat much kinder to the old butt and really like the larger Kury grips. I am in no way an "Iron Butt Captain", but like I said,two cents.....

Raymond,
I recommend Progressive 440's first for smoothing out ALL road surface bumps and craters. Remarkable improvement.
Second I would put on the inconspicuous but highly useful lower deflectors. They don't look like much but have eliminated buffeting to such a degree it's not an issue. These will work perfectly with your windscreen. IMHO windscreens and lowers should be sold as a set.

I can't tell ya what the best mod is. You'd be better off asking somebody who really knows his stuff. For my bike with its limited mods, the triple K&N filters were the best performance mod.

I don't know when I'll stop modding. I'll either keep modding my Rocket, or stop modding it and buy a sportbike to satisfy those days when I have the need for extreme speed. Oh what tough decisions lay ahead...

With your type of riding I would recommend the classic seat, bars, and foot boards. When I first got my classic I didn't think that I would like the foot boards but they are great. I helps being able to move around. We have to meet up and you can test ride mine and see what you think. The classic handlebars do slow the steering down a bit. I too recommend the progressives, but since you have a passenger sometimes, talk to them first so they can recommend the correct set up.

Last edited:
Yo Ray: V.B. told you what to get, now can you have it on by midnite tonite? Don't let the wife see that list. V.B. have you weighed It yet? Would be fun to see weight difference of yours and mine. Jack Bikes that is.

Jack, trust me my mod/add-on weight is nothing compared to the rider itself...I weigh more than...ahem...250 :eek: :D :bch:

That carbon fiber windshield is so cool... I bet it will kill those secondary headlamp oscillations that plague so many of us.. I bet that cost alot...where are those made?

It was difficult to find someone in the US to make, liability reasons I guess. However, I contacted a piñata plant in Chihuahua, Mexico that is experienced in manufacturing items out of layered materials. Though they have not used carbon fiber before, Jose the plant manager stated the production process is similar to paper mâché and he assured me that they can do it. The price will be $110,000 Pesos. I need 50 of you to order so I can get mine.

:D

Back