Modified Tunes for The R3 Touring

PC 3 running well

All set, I installed the pc3 on sat, instant goodness!
No popping on decel, all good.
smooth, smooth, smooth!!
It would be nice to fix the speedo, as its a bit off and I will look into the triple k's for the off season.

But Holy Crow!! What a great bike! I have to laugh whenever I see some fat boy on a fat boy, hanging on the monkey bars, feet way up on the pegs, bandana waving and the requisite zz top beard up in his face!!

It almost unfair, the R3 is so much sweeter and cooler than anything!

What to expect from the R3T:

Solid lines = power
Dashed lines = torque

Red - stock R3T with holes drilled in baffles (stock exhaust). TORS tune.
Orange - Above after tuning with TuneEdit.

Green - R3T with Jardines, secondary throttle plates removed, and triple K&N RU-2780 under bearclaw. TORS tune.
Blue - Above after Tuning with TuneEdit.

I can post up the results from Wayne Macdonal'ds R3T tune if needed. But we made big improvements over it on both bikes above, and even more since.
I hope this helps.

-Wayne at Power-tripp.com
Do you have the graph?

Really curious because I am finding things on my purchase that are pleasant surprises. Now we had a VERY brief stink of warm weather where I was able to go for my "1st ride" around the block on my R3T. I was AMAZED at the torque and responsiveness. My regular ling haul bike is a 2013 Victory Cross Country tour with the Freedom 106ci v-twin that has similar numbers to the stock quoted R3Ts. But **** was the R3T different. I had a Thunderbird 1700 and she really wasn't that much quicker than my Vic. But the R3T, WOW! Now I noticed that the bike has TORS on it. One of the local tuners aroud here who has done SEVERAL R3s said if he tunes it by removing the secondaries and put an air intake and a tune, through stock exhaust he hits the same advertised #s of the R3, but AT THE WHEEL. Now I thought that my Rocket was ultra reaponsive and snappy on the throttle. Now with TORS is a tune kind of a given? So I have the 3 K&Ns to mod still. I am curious how lose I am to R3Rs. I am shooting for 150/160+ and that is where I will stop as I plan long distance hauls. We shall hopefully find out soon.

The timing is very different between r3r and the touring. Getting to 150/150 without headers probably wont happen, but tors, k&n filters and a good tune will make for a good ride.

Back