Michelin Commander II

laraza

Turbocharged
Ride
09 R3 Classic
Has anybody managed to fit these to a Touring? If so what sizes and how do they feel?

The mileage people are getting off these seems to be really impressive and wouldn't mind giving them a go but they don't seem to do them in the standard sizes

I have one on the rear of my Touring size 180/65. I put it on for the mileage claims. I only have 3000K on it so far so cannot say if it is going to be an improvement over the Metz or Cobra's that I wore out. There is no sign of any wear yet on the Michelin so I have my finger's crossed

I run them on the Harley and believe that it is the best tire on the market. If they made them for the roadster would have bought them yesterday. :):):):):):):):):)

they are a good sticky tyre but I had one on the front a bit smaller than std size it improved the grip and steering but I did not get good wear while other say they did maybe I just enjoyed it a bit too much

They're hard wearing, but they're also bias ply tires, not radials.

I'm guessing a 180/65 B16 81H would work in the rear, and a 150/80 B16 77H for the front. Probably. Unless that 150 is intended as a rear also - oh well, any knowledgeable tire seller should be able to steer you right.

I'll stick to my Cobras. 15000 miles is pretty decent, they handle awesomely and I love wide whitewalls on the Touring. You'll probably get 10000 more out of the Commander II's, but... Avon all the way.

After all the reading, I'm going to follow @Fingers ' lead for my next set. I'm looking for improved handling first and foremost.

Joe you will love these tires @Fingers turned me onto them. I have 6k on them and they show almost no wear, handle great, and the smaller front makes a huge difference in handling, low and high speed!!
Great combo, give it a try!!

I'm running the 185-65-16 on my rear. Love it. The cornering is superior to the Metz and the Avon. I have just over 9000 miles on the rear and still have better than 60% tread. My problem is the front. I like having the 150s on the front. I need more info on the commander 150 rear. What are the stats on running a rear tire in the front position? I'm using an Elite 3. 12,000 miles and just under 50%. Both tires handle similar. My tire supplier believes that the soft side walls improve the cornering with the hard center improves mileage. Makes sense...

I'm running the 185-65-16 on my rear. Love it. The cornering is superior to the Metz and the Avon. I have just over 9000 miles on the rear and still have better than 60% tread. My problem is the front. I like having the 150s on the front. I need more info on the commander 150 rear. What are the stats on running a rear tire in the front position? I'm using an Elite 3. 12,000 miles and just under 50%. Both tires handle similar. My tire supplier believes that the soft side walls improve the cornering with the hard center improves mileage. Makes sense...

You can use a rear tire on the front, just install it reverse direction.

Back