making due, can't afford a fairing , BUT

2012cliff

Supercharged
Ride
2008 tour
Howdy, wanted to post my idea for a little more wind protection. Still not as effective as a good fairing at clearing up some of the buffeting. When I purchased the bike used, it came with a tall and a shorter windshield. I cut the shorter windshield in half and using stock mounting hardware was able to slip the 2 halves in behind the tall windshield slightly off set from the tall shield. Leaving about 3 1/2" on either side for much more wind protection. I still hope to get a fairing at some time. Just an idea that most people don't even notice.
20150711_083416.jpg

That's an excellent idea. I do have a used tall fairing from a 2010 R3T for sale at $325... Not sure if the dimensions are the same or larger than your tall fairing. PM me if you're interested.

That's an excellent idea. I do have a used tall fairing from a 2010 R3T for sale at $325... Not sure if the dimensions are the same or larger than your tall fairing. PM me if you're interested.
you still have the faring off the 2010 R3T?
I have a 2014 R3T and would like to get a faring for it. Can you give me any details on it? Is it a Corbin? Stero? Colors?

thank you for the reply but i cannot open it for some reason. i am very interested in the faring

Whats a redneck? I have a need, don't always have money so like my daddy taught me you can always look for another way. It takes more than money to have CLASS. It's whats on the inside that counts.

When jumping into the north Atlantic in winter, I did something similar; I wore my summer wetsuit under my winter wet suit. Sounded good in theory... I think your idea may work better!

Back