M***erFing&%$$***@%#* nail in the BRAND NEW Excedra Max!

What would you do?

• Total voters
Stop following carpenters around!

This statement was not in anyway a dig on religion!

If you ever worked in construction you learn to never park behind or drive directly behind a carpenter, because they take their tool pouch home everyday, and nails/screws fly, drop out the gap between the tailgate and bed of their truck!

Same size nail in my fairly new rear tire, plugged it but first plug didn't seal 100%, slow leak, pushed plug through and re-plugged it, 100% now, been riding on it 1000+ miles without issue. I prefer to replace tires but with new tread it's a hard decision to spend the money, plug it and check pressure before every ride, should be fine. Ride-on looks interesting, might git it a try.

Good Luck!

JR

Plug the dam thing. What is it doing to do? EXPLODE because of a millimetric puncture?! :eek: If you are soo concerned, put two tubes of Ride-On in it after you fix the puncture. Better yet... Take it off, without injuring the bead. Ill give you 50$ for it to keep as a spare during travels. Ill go pick it and go ride the Hills some.

Totally agree with you, I’d just plug it and forget about it. That said its his bike and $$ so his call.

Same issue here last year, nail in a new set... only had 5000km on them..
Tried a mushroom plug, worked for a bit then I used the trusty old standard tire plug... the rope kind, the tires now have 12000km on them and are soon to be replaced. I always worry about plugs but I did it anyway. I also have a tpms system on the bike.. gives me peace of mind

Back in the day when I worked at a tire shop we used patches made by Bandag. They mostly deal with truck tire repair and retreads. The patches were very high quality. Wished I could figure out where to locate there stuff. I have a new rear Bridgestone tire that I removed that needs patched.

Thanks for the offer 1K9...I'm gonna try the Ride-on stuff first. If it doesn't work like the marketing hype says, I'll pull it off and patch it. Thanks for all the input guys.

Back