M***erFing&%$$***@%#* nail in the BRAND NEW Excedra Max!

What would you do?

• Total voters
It sounds like extrada maxes are nail magnet when new o_O.
Happened to me too. plugged it once and rode it for couple thousand miles, started leaking again after very long and very hot day ride last summer so I plugged it again and put some ride-on.
I always wanted to know has anyone experienced, heard, seen of tire plug failure on rear tire WHILE RIDING?
One thing I like to mention about rid-on (or any other kind of tire goo) for motorcycles is that because of the shape of the tire (dome) they usually only work if the damage is in the crown area (center) because of the centrifuge force the liquid is forced to the center.
Based on the picture I would say chances of ride-on sealing that hole is 50/50.
Do let us know

One thing I like to mention about rid-on (or any other kind of tire goo) for motorcycles is that because of the shape of the tire (dome) they usually only work if the damage is in the crown area (center) because of the centrifuge force the liquid is forced to the center.
Based on the picture I would say chances of ride-on sealing that hole is 50/50.

Only if you ride completely upright in a straight line......... I would like to think my ride-on product spends a bit of time on the bottom side of the chicken strip area :whitstling:

Only if you ride completely upright in a straight line......... I would like to think my ride-on product spends a bit of time on the bottom side of the chicken strip area :whitstling:
:) Maybe. but what I am saying is not about the position of the bike rather its about centrifuge force. But then again we all know that the earth is flat and everything they though us as kids turn out to be fake ;).

"Supposedly" once you get the Ride-on to go into and through the hole, it should hold rather permanently. I've got a rather new Avon front that had/has a tiny leak from a staple, or something very small. I couldn't get Ride-On to seal, but wrote them, and got directions. They said sometimes, it's necessary to make the hole larger, so that the Ride-on can get in there. I will experiment at a later date. Replaced front wheel with another I had, that has a brand new Metzler on it. (I know, I know) but it was easy.

"Supposedly" once you get the Ride-on to go into and through the hole, it should hold rather permanently. I've got a rather new Avon front that had/has a tiny leak from a staple, or something very small. I couldn't get Ride-On to seal, but wrote them, and got directions. They said sometimes, it's necessary to make the hole larger, so that the Ride-on can get in there. I will experiment at a later date. Replaced front wheel with another I had, that has a brand new Metzler on it. (I know, I know) but it was easy.

And the air pressure will push the product out the hole at first before sealing so you may need to add more air

Back