M***erFing&%$$***@%#* nail in the BRAND NEW Excedra Max!

What would you do?

• Total voters
Bummer about the nail. My original Metzeler picked up a sheetrock screw; I pulled it and plugged the hole, then rode another thousand miles until it was time to replace--with the Exedra. Got around 7200 on the Metz.
The simple and frugal route is to plug it and keep an eye on the air pressure--if it won't hold, then replace. Years ago I used a can of FixaFlat once, but I think the plug is the better way to go.

Been there, done that, same nail, even, from my own barn almost certainly. Rode it with a plug a week or two until replacement came and was installed. I'm pretty casual about most stuff, but not tires.

Had that happen to a bike I had. 92 miles on the rear tire! It was a much larger nail though, so I replaced the tire.
IMHO, that little nail couldn't do enough damage to cause a safety issue. If it were mine, I'd patch it and ride! YMMV

Had that happen to a bike I had. 92 miles on the rear tire! It was a much larger nail though, so I replaced the tire.
IMHO, that little nail couldn't do enough damage to cause a safety issue. If it were mine, I'd patch it and ride! YMMV
DITTO

To plug, won't you have to ream the hole to open it up enough to fit a plug? Small hole like that, patch would be a safer option (IMO).

As quoted from the Ride-On web page:
Safety First
With Ride-On Tire Protection your tire literally fixes itself! If your tire is punctured, the centrifugal force of the rotating tire and the internal air pressure force Ride-On into the hole, sealing it virtually instantly. Since it helps eliminate porosity leaks that cause tires to deflate over time, your tires stay properly inflated, last longer, the vehicle handles better and gets more miles per gallon.

If the puncturing object remains in the tire, it is vital to remove it as soon as possible to prevent further injury to the tire or tube. While Ride-On ensures a permanent seal, our company takes the position that any repair to a tire should be treated as temporary and inspected by a certified professional.

How does Ride-On Sealant work? | Ride-On Tire Protection

Back