I'm just 5'6" on a good day and have standard length shocks and taller Exedra Max tires. I'm on my toes, but already wishing the bike had more lean angle, so I'm not messing with anything that reduces that.

Just reinforcing a couple of suggestions- thicker sole boots (makes a big difference) and cutting down the foam (especially the width) on your seat. I plan to do that on my Corbin solo seat soon, but have had it this way for years. Finally, I just pick a side- sliding to the left a couple of inches in the seat before stopping and I'm now flat footed on the left. Backing up is the only place where I can see a real advantage. I plan parking carefully, but often just get off and push her back from the side.
Thanks for your reply. Most of the problem for me lies in the width on a Touring of the tank, seat AND the side panels. By having to spread my legs out I obviously lose length. My buddy has an '07 Classic and because it's far narrower I don't have that problem on his bike. Not too concerned about lean angle as this is my long trip bike. I have a '98 Trident for my 66 going on 22 bike which is a blast in the twisties.

Back