Chip

Turbocharged
Ride
08 Rocket Touring, 15 Rocket Touring
A little help Please. I have a new R3T owner who contacted me. Sounds like a nice 2008 with low miles. Problem. He’s vertically challenged. I remember seeing articles on lowering the seat. I can’t find the threads. Help.

12in shocks 11.5 maybe, shave material out of seat. go to a 55 or 60 rear tire. Raise forks in triple trees 1/4 in 1/2in have to dial in that part. Somethings to look at.

Shaving the seat more from the sides than the middle as it is the width of the seat that is the problem, and as said 11.5 shocks and you should be fine, Jesus Christ our very own Lupoe rides a rocket and he is 3'-10.65"(1.7m)
I met this guy discussing his new seat and the problems he had comfortably setting at a stop. He didn’t look all that short. I thought he just was using the height issue as an excuse to get rid of a TR3T. Come to find out he wasn’t trying to sell it, just seriously couldn’t get both feet on the ground . Thanks for your response.

Shorter shocks and raise the fork tubes in the triple tree to maintain rake angle. Also a Corbin seat may help.

Back