Victor Chiappetta

.040 Over
Ride
2013 Rocket 3 Touring
Hi all- did a nice trip from Raleigh to Charlotte and back yesterday and the beast ran great and I was so comfortable.Great day for a great trip.
The only thing I don't like is the stock grips.They get annoying after several hours for sure.
Running what folks are running for comfort.
On another note:
Some guys are such tools-on the way back I shifted to the left lane so that I could get home a little faster.A couple of Harleys were on my right.I passed by them slowly and settled into the faster lane.I had my earbuds in playing music on my phone so I didn't hear the dumbasses coming up behind me to make a pass.The fools sandwiched themselves between me and a tractor trailer just so they could prove god knows what.They passed the tractor trailer and immediately took an exit.Hope they are proud of their underpowered,loud little machines.If I knew they were coming I would have given the throttle a big old twist and left them in the dust where they belong!

I think the "standard" choice people make are the Kuryakyn Iso-grips. Available in black or chrome, I believe.

ISO®-Grips | Grips | Handlebar Controls, Grips & Mirrors | Kuryakyn

You want the model that has an integrated throttle tube, not just the grip to put on the Triumph tube. Much easier to replace the whole thing than to try to wedge the grip onto the existing tube.

Avon also makes a nice assortment. They also offer theirs with heat built-in, I believe they use the Heat Demon element which is nice.

Motorsports V-Twin Grips - Avongrips.com

Anything with a 1 inch diameter will work, though, basically.

I think the "standard" choice people make are the Kuryakyn Iso-grips. Available in black or chrome, I believe.

ISO®-Grips | Grips | Handlebar Controls, Grips & Mirrors | Kuryakyn

You want the model that has an integrated throttle tube, not just the grip to put on the Triumph tube. Much easier to replace the whole thing than to try to wedge the grip onto the existing tube.

Avon also makes a nice assortment. They also offer theirs with heat built-in, I believe they use the Heat Demon element which is nice.

Motorsports V-Twin Grips - Avongrips.com

Anything with a 1 inch diameter will work, though, basically.
Sounds like Sage advice-thanks friend

Hi all- did a nice trip from Raleigh to Charlotte and back yesterday and the beast ran great and I was so comfortable.Great day for a great trip.
The only thing I don't like is the stock grips.They get annoying after several hours for sure.
Running what folks are running for comfort.
On another note:
Some guys are such tools-on the way back I shifted to the left lane so that I could get home a little faster.A couple of Harleys were on my right.I passed by them slowly and settled into the faster lane.I had my earbuds in playing music on my phone so I didn't hear the dumbasses coming up behind me to make a pass.The fools sandwiched themselves between me and a tractor trailer just so they could prove god knows what.They passed the tractor trailer and immediately took an exit.Hope they are proud of their underpowered,loud little machines.If I knew they were coming I would have given the throttle a big old twist and left them in the dust where they belong!
rule #12 always be aware of what might be coming behind you and listening to music while riding is fun but distracting from awareness hence you missed the bunch coming behind you . ride safe.

I am running the Avons now. I had the Kuryakyns and one of the tabs that holds the throttle cable broke off. Luckily it was on the dyno and at the dealer at the time so they had a spare they gave me (now a permanent item in one of the bags). I replaced them with the Avon Air Cushion grips. The Avons were hard at first but after a season of riding they are softer and feel much better. I actually think the Avons feel a little better then the ISO-Grips, but that could be in my head also.;)

bob

I have the kuryakyn ISO grips with throttle boss, and kuryakyn bar end weights.seems to help as I have arthritis and my hands tend to numb up after an hour or so.

Back