Phil Barnett

.020 Over
Ride
2008 Triumph Rocket III Touring
I really would feel more comfortable on the monster if I was able to sit flat footed at a stop. I have the stock seat and progressive rear shocks. How can I drop this thing an inch or two. I am 5'7" and would feel a bit more comfortable if I was flat footed. Is there a lowering kit available?

I would leave the ride height alone lowering will decrease lean angle.Shorter shocks is probably the easiest way to lower the bike.Also you could try sliding fork tubes through triple trees a bit of shorter front springs ,but changes will also change handling.

Depends what model you have as to how much you can lower it without effecting the clearance. I have a Classic so clearance was not an issue. originally I had lower rear shocks on and I cut out some of the foam in the seat. I do however have the slightly higher Exceedra max on the rear. I later changed to another low profile seat and put a 140 up front instead of the 150. I will be replacing that with a 130 soon but I don't have ABS so all ok. With the 140 Michelin Commander, seat and shocks I have a slight bend in both knees when flat footed and I am the same height as you.

Almost forgot, if you go two up much and you do have the lowered rear shocks, keep an eye on your rear lights wiring, can rub against the tyre.

I really would feel more comfortable on the monster if I was able to sit flat footed at a stop. I have the stock seat and progressive rear shocks. How can I drop this thing an inch or two. I am 5'7" and would feel a bit more comfortable if I was flat footed. Is there a lowering kit available?
I am going to lower mine in a week or 2. I'll repost with an update then.
Here are the Progressive part numbers for lowering a R3T .
(Rear)Progressive 444-4230C
444 (CHR) CRZR 11.5
(Front)Progressive
10-1563
FORK LWRING SPRG KIT

I am going to lower mine in a week or 2. I'll repost with an update then.
Here are the Progressive part numbers for lowering a R3T .
(Rear)Progressive 444-4230C
444 (CHR) CRZR 11.5
(Front)Progressive
10-1563
FORK LWRING SPRG KIT
Thanks for the part numbers. I will be waiting to hear the results!!

The 11.5" or lower rear shocks is a good idea, but do know that if to use the Bridgestone Exedra Max 240 as a rear tire, it will raise the rear geometry 0.47" so you'll be right back where you started with an 11.5" rear shock set.

Back