Lower Deflectors for the Rocket

I found these on Cruiser Customizing today that are very similar to mine and were designed to be mounted at a similar height and behind the main screen.

Play Video

nc-n763a_300.jpg

Chrome Lowers will extend the protection of your windshield and set off your lightbar for an integrated front end look. National Cycle has engineered the three items in this package to fit together correctly on a wide variety of cruiser applications. Made from Steel, high-strength material will not fatigue with weight bearing and high-stress loads. Finished in National Cycle quality bright chrome. Chrome Lowers mount to the windshield mount kit from your National Cycle Heavy Duty windshield.

National Cycle Chrome Switchblade Lower Deflectors- Various Metric Motorcycles

image_11250_300.jpg

Chrome Lowers improve the performance of your windshield by preventing unwanted turbulence around your waist and unwanted updrafts on your back. Chrome Lowers can be used together with a SwitchBlade®, Heavy Duty™ or Dakota 4.5™ windshield and a National Cycle Light Bar for an integrated front end appearance.

National Cycle engineers their Chrome Lowers with their other accessories for proper clearance and performance. They consider Chrome Lowers a key component to your front end look and guarantee the fit of the product with their SwitchBlade, Heavy Duty and Dakota Windshields, and with their Light Bars.

Superb polishing and chrome plating make National Cycle Chrome Lowers really stand out.

Designed specifically to fit with our innovative SwitchBlade windshield mounts. A SwitchBlade Mount Kit is required to fit these particular Chrome Lowers.

H: 12.25" W: 04.25"

They do help. Yesterday I took a long freeway ride and noticed a cleaner air zone behind the shield. Was wearing a 3/4 Bell 500 helmet. Good enough to get a set for the Valkyrie. The issue with these things mounted on the R3 is the size and looks of the clamps. I was lucky to find a set of clamps in the junk box that came with my used bike.
0423161257a_HDR.jpg R31.jpeg
0423161257a_HDR.jpg
R31.jpeg

Thanks for all the posts and ideas here.

I got these and am very happy with result.

I have the Roadster screen fitted at the moment (Spring just started here) and fitted some custom stainless steel lowers but also fitted a Memphis Shades lip (Hot Wings) and side screen extensions ( Side Hot Wings) from Cruiser Customizing that fitted perfectly and gave not only location options but also a clever mounting system that provides two positions so you can have the lip high or low and the side extensions narrower or wider.

They also supply two sets of rubber pads to adjust for thin and thick screens (the Triumph Roadster one is the thicker version.

MEM5805 Memphis Shades Hot Wings For Memphis Fats Windshield 1 $79.95 $79.95
Memphis Shades Hot Wings For Memphis Fats Windshield

MEM5806 Memphis Shades Side Hot Wings For Memphis Shades Fats Windshields 1 $99.95 $99.95
Memphis Shades Side Hot Wings For Memphis Shades Fats Windshields

Here in Texas we eat the Hot Wings :roll:

The Harley lowers, although they are designed to be set behind the signal lights, work well on the R3. I also think that they make me a little more visible to oncoming traffic and just look cool. There is a space issue but it works if you relocate the signal lights out a little.

Just came back from a trip to Buffalo, NY where I tried the original Buffalo Wing restaurant, Anchor Bar. Worth the trip to Buffalo. Most people go there to tour Niagara Falls. If you do, make a point to have some of these. There is one in the airport terminal. Best beer in Buffalo NY, Rusty Chain.

images (1).jpg

Attachments

• SAM_0030.JPG
    SAM_0030.JPG
    202.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 036.JPG
    036.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 2
Was perusing some old stuff and found this.
Not sure who did this, but I thought it helpful and saved it.
Perhaps helpful -

Lowers for Rocket.jpg Lowers for Rocket2.jpg
Fred drew that design up and shared it and I can tell it works fantastic

1k9 I suggest if you can move them up closer to bottom of windshield they will be more effective

Back