Lower Deflectors for the Rocket

1K9

No'mo Rocket 4 me
Ride
Honda CB1100
Got these FLH deflectors on the cheap. Found some unused brackets and came up with this mod. Can't really tell if they make much difference. Have not had them up to enough speed. Any likes or dislikes.

s-l1600 (11).jpg
0520161154_HDR.jpg
R3.jpeg

Was perusing some old stuff and found this.
Not sure who did this, but I thought it helpful and saved it.
Perhaps helpful -

Lowers for Rocket.jpg Lowers for Rocket2.jpg

They certainly don't change the side profile view at all. I have the same screen as you and fitted it last week. The previous owner had also made and added some custom brackets to allow a more upright or laid back angled adjustment. I found the wind coming from underneath now blows my beard up whipping my face in my open face helmet so may have to rubber band it or wear a full face helmet until the lowers below arrive.

I actually ended up buying these very similar but pretty expensive ones (with the freight) in the thread quote below from the UK and will see how they go once they have arrived.
When asked the seller said "They need to be drilled to suit your screen brackets."
Click on bottom of quote to expand and view link.
Another option is these stainless steel versions available for UK#50. (Try to ignore the 'over the top' other accessories etc. :rolleyes:)* Postage to Oz is a bit steep at UK#36.50 though.
* I have tried to save your eyes, sense of taste and focal distraction by cropping the photo - view originals in link below at your own risk ;):cautious:

2 screen lower deflector/Triumph rocket 3

He sells worldwide so just put the eBay item number in your local eBay browser search. I have been tossing up whether it may be worthwhile to match a Roadster screen I have not fitted yet but with winter on its way here in Canberra it may be an idea.

Last edited:
Was perusing some old stuff and found this.
Not sure who did this, but I thought it helpful and saved it.
Perhaps helpful -

Lowers for Rocket.jpg Lowers for Rocket2.jpg
Same ones below kindly sent by @BDKcoyote after HansO steered me their way.
"Hanso and I bought the 25" Clearview screen and I used Fred's (Rocket Scientist) template to make the lowers. The screen stopped a lot of the wind and noise but believe it or not the lowers got rid of the rest of it. Using Fred's template I got a local glass business to cut the lowers from some sort of clear acrylic. The mounting brackets are

which cost $US68.12 including shipping to Moruya NSW. I have heard of other Rocket owners just using a Memphis Shade lower and bracket instead of making their own. Unless it is windy, the combination of the Clearview screen and the lowers takes away almost all of the noise. It's quite amazing to experience. The only downside is in summer.

I hope this helps.

"

Last edited:
They certainly don't change the side profile view at all.
I actually ended up buying these pretty expensive ones in the thread quote below from the UK and will see how they go once they have arrived.
When asked the seller said "They need to be drilled to suit your screen brackets."
Click on bottom of quote to expand and view link.

Thank you for the thumbs up/like. I had to reverse right and left due to clearance issues. In the correct position they would hit the radiator at max steering. I also had to move the signal lights out a little. The posted side pic is before the mod. To be honest I don't think they are going to help much unless I get caught in the rain.
I think that they might make me more visible to oncoming traffic. Also raised the screen to the max and tilted it back a bit plus added a bead. Still need a taller shield. Will have Santa bring me a Clearview.

Attachments

• R31.jpeg
    R31.jpeg
    198.4 KB · Views: 6
Same ones below kindly sent by @BDKcoyote after HansO steered me their way.
"Hanso and I bought the 25" Clearview screen and I used Fred's (Rocket Scientist) template to make the lowers. The screen stopped a lot of the wind and noise but believe it or not the lowers got rid of the rest of it. Using Fred's template I got a local glass business to cut the lowers from some sort of clear acrylic. The mounting brackets are

which cost $US68.12 including shipping to Moruya NSW. I have heard of other Rocket owners just using a Memphis Shade lower and bracket instead of making their own. Unless it is windy, the combination of the Clearview screen and the lowers takes away almost all of the noise. It's quite amazing to experience. The only downside is in summer.

I hope this helps.

"

Is that windshield a ClearView? What size is it?

Is that windshield a ClearView? What size is it?

I do not have one that is BDKcoyote's picture.

Check the Clearview website.
Triumph Rocket III Roadster Windshield (5 holes across):
Triumph Rocket III Windshield | Clearview Shields

Stock 20" L

GT23 23" L
3" Longer than Stock
GT25 25" L
5" Longer than Stock
Measurement Location:

• Length is measured in the center of the shield from the dip between the headlights to the top of the shield.
These Shields are Designed to Mount to the OEM Triumph Brackets. (you must have one of the Triumph shields, the Triumph fixing kit does not include all of the brackets needed.)

Triumph Rocket III Summer Screen Windshield (3 holes across):
Triumph Rocket III Summer Screen Windshield | Clearview Shields

I do not have one that is BDKcoyote's picture.

Check the Clearview website.
Triumph Rocket III Roadster Windshield (5 holes across):
Triumph Rocket III Windshield | Clearview Shields

Triumph Rocket III Summer Screen Windshield (3 holes across):
Triumph Rocket III Summer Screen Windshield | Clearview Shields

Just FYI -
I've bought several shields from Clearview.
They have changed policy and don't do custom height order any more.
I have just received a new custom height shield from 7Jurock with the top re-curve for less money.
Its mounted and looks great. Shall soon take it out for a spin.
7JuRock - TRIUMPH ROCKET III CLASSIC, ROADSTER AND TOURING (DUAL HEADLIGHT) REPLACEMENT WINDSHIELD

Just FYI -
I've bought several shields from Clearview.
They have changed policy and don't do custom height order any more.
I have just received a new custom height shield from 7Jurock with the top re-curve for less money.
Its mounted and looks great. Shall soon take it out for a spin.
7JuRock - TRIUMPH ROCKET III CLASSIC, ROADSTER AND TOURING (DUAL HEADLIGHT) REPLACEMENT WINDSHIELD

They (7JuRock) measure theirs differently (center hole to lip) to Clearview (Length is measured in the center of the shield from the dip between the headlights to the top of the shield.)

Clearview states stock is 20" - does that match 7JuRock's 9" or 10" both at base price?

The OME windshield for my Roadster was only 18 inches from light cutout to top and I had it raised as high as it would go. I wished to add 2 inches and keep the cutout close as possible to the heaslughts, so I ciphered out what the appropriate 7Jurock distance would be. I don't remember what that measurement was at the moment.

Back