Lower Deflectors for the Rocket

The OME windshield for my Roadster was only 18 inches from light cutout to top and I had it raised as high as it would go. I wished to add 2 inches and keep the cutout close as possible to the heaslughts, so I ciphered out what the appropriate 7Jurock distance would be. I don't remember what that measurement was at the moment.

No worries, I'll just get the tape measure out on mine tomorrow.

Lets hope the other mob's freight rates are more realistic.

Clearview Triumph Rocket III Roadster Windshield (5 holes across) × 1
Width:
+2 Inches

Color:
Clear

Vent Options:
5 Position Adjustable Vent

Recurve Options:
Upper Recurve

Height:
23 Inches

Optional Fog Light Cutouts:
Without Optional Fog Light Cutouts

$234.00
Subtotal $234.00
Shipping and Handling FedEx International Economy: $788.41 - JESUS WEPT!!!
Total $1,022.41

7JuRock - Still ridiculous freight but less so

TRIUMPH ROCKET III CLASSIC, ROADSTER AND TOURING (DUAL HEADLIGHT) REPLACEMENT WINDSHIELD
a) Color: Clear (+$0.00)
b) Height: 17" Tall TRI01003 ∞ $160.00 $160.00
Tax: n/a
Shipping:UPS or USPS Worldwide Express $409.77
Basket Total: $569.77

Just FYI -
I've bought several shields from Clearview.
They have changed policy and don't do custom height order any more.
I have just received a new custom height shield from 7Jurock with the top re-curve for less money.
Its mounted and looks great. Shall soon take it out for a spin.
7JuRock - TRIUMPH ROCKET III CLASSIC, ROADSTER AND TOURING (DUAL HEADLIGHT) REPLACEMENT WINDSHIELD

Thanks for the info. Just ordered a 16 light gray. Came out to 203$ shipped to Texas. Has anyone had luck polishing the stock shield.

They certainly don't change the side profile view at all. I have the same screen as you and fitted it last week. The previous owner had also made and added some custom brackets to allow a more upright or laid back angled adjustment. I found the wind coming from underneath now blows my beard up whipping my face in my open face helmet so may have to rubber band it or wear a full face helmet until the lowers below arrive.

I actually ended up buying these very similar but pretty expensive ones (with the freight) in the thread quote below from the UK and will see how they go once they have arrived.
When asked the seller said "They need to be drilled to suit your screen brackets."
Click on bottom of quote to expand and view link.

Another option is these stainless steel versions available for UK#50. (Try to ignore the 'over the top' other accessories etc. :rolleyes:)* Postage to Oz is a bit steep at UK#36.50 though.
* I have tried to save your eyes, sense of taste and focal distraction by cropping the photo - view originals in link below at your own risk ;):cautious:

2 screen lower deflector/Triumph rocket 3

He sells worldwide so just put the eBay item number in your local eBay browser search. I have been tossing up whether it may be worthwhile to match a Roadster screen I have not fitted yet but with winter on its way here in Canberra it may be an idea.

I had to make up some brackets to mount them to my existing screen brackets and then relocate my stock front blinkers to the new SS lowers. There is a good 10" of cable each side available to do so and I did not have to cut or re-wire anything. I mounted mine much higher than @1K9 did in Post#1so they are behind and overlap the bottom of the screen. Hence the need to relocate blinkers.

It seems to have worked well but I have not experimented with screen angle heights or angles yet.
Before I cut a vent hole in the screen I will experiment with the gap between bottom of screen and twin headlights and the screen angles. I look over the screen, not through it and prefer that I think.

I have thought about copying the adjustable and open/closing Clearview venting system by finding and using a car dash vent from an auto wreckers, cutting the hole to suit with a Dremel rotary tool.

Last edited:
BTW... Make sure you rise the windshield all the way up. Yours seems to be in the lowest setting close to the head lamps. If this does not work you might have to get a taller shield. I bought one and have not had the chance to install it. There are two companies that make them @ custom heights. I have not tried to run the R3 topless. Perhaps at 50 to 60 mph might be OK but not above that. I have a Bell Star full skull cap. Used to ride bare skull...not any more.

BTW... Make sure you rise the windshield all the way up. Yours seems to be in the lowest setting close to the head lamps. If this does not work you might have to get a taller shield. I bought one and have not had the chance to install it. There are two companies that make them @ custom heights. I have not tried to run the R3 topless. Perhaps at 50 to 60 mph might be OK but not above that. I have a Bell Star full skull cap. Used to ride bare skull...not any more.

Due to the extra custom wind shield brackets (besides the lowers shield brackets) my wind shield sits more forward and raked back than the black stock bracket's capability. I initially had it higher with an inch gap between lights and shield bottom and buffeting from underneath was a pain. After fitting the lower shields I placed it lower and have not tried it higher since as it seems to be fine and does not let rain/weather through when lower. No buffeting of helmet from above, so don't think I need it any higher yet.

As my lower shield have an outer deflecting fold and are mounted with four hex head bolts with rubber washers a side up top they allow the unfixed lower wedge to flex backwards slightly with wind pressure at high speed. This appears to assist in forcing air/rain up and outwards behind the wind screen edge.

By the way I'm 6"1'.

Last edited:
Back