Lower Deflectors for the Rocket

Various helmets, mainly Lazer Superskin Rider jet style open face, Lazer Superskin Solano f/f, Shoei X-11 f/f. I haven't tried my flip up modulars yet.

Same ones below kindly sent by @BDKcoyote after HansO steered me their way.
"Hanso and I bought the 25" Clearview screen and I used Fred's (Rocket Scientist) template to make the lowers. The screen stopped a lot of the wind and noise but believe it or not the lowers got rid of the rest of it. Using Fred's template I got a local glass business to cut the lowers from some sort of clear acrylic. The mounting brackets are

which cost $US68.12 including shipping to Moruya NSW. I have heard of other Rocket owners just using a Memphis Shade lower and bracket instead of making their own. Unless it is windy, the combination of the Clearview screen and the lowers takes away almost all of the noise. It's quite amazing to experience. The only downside is in summer.

I hope this helps.

"

Yesterday I found the original thread where Rocket Scientist posted the template. The advantage with this version is it is correct scale as a template when printed on A4.

Lower air deflectors

Here ya go. If you right click and "save image as" then print it it will have the correct dimensions (11" long). I used 1/4" thick plexiglass. I would recommend 1/4" thick Lexan. Plexi cracks after a while. You can buy small pieces of Lexan on eatmebay pretty cheap.

Various helmets, mainly Lazer Superskin Rider jet style open face, Lazer Superskin Solano f/f, Shoei X-11 f/f. I haven't tried my flip up modulars yet.

Interesting technology on the Superskin. Now, the X-11 is a pro-track quality skull cap. Nice graphics choices.

Interesting technology on the Superskin. Now, the X-11 is a pro-track quality skull cap. Nice graphics choices.

Yeah, surprised the 'Superskins' never took off despite their premium pricing at the time
Lazer Helmets SuperSkin - webBikeWorld
as very similar in concept to the latest Bell top of the line ProStar US$1200
http://lanesplitter.jalopnik.com/this-new-bell-helmet-is-the-most-important-street-helme-1736843351

and US$895 6D ATS-1 Street Helmet .
But all very old models now.
I got the Shoei-X11-Kiyonari-tc5 second hand for AU$60 a couple of years ago in perfect unused condition the owner had found the Shoei shape gave him a headache on the first use after 30 minutes and he had put it on the shelf in the factory box. That was a AU$800 headache for him. Fits me perfect but the red/black dragon is not quite British is it? The sparkle black matches the Rocket Phantom Black though.

I bought the Superskins dirt cheap a couple of months ago and they have both dropped 20% since :banghead: - $99AU ( $74US) +22AU postage for the open face 'Rider', down to AU$79 now (US$59)
LAZER RIDER SUPER SKIN HELMETS SUPERSKIN TECHNOLOGY AS1698
@HansO will be pissed off now too as he bought one for $99 after seeing mine :D

and Solano Hyper-reflective from Germany 99EUR (AU$146) (US$87 ) with AU$44 postage, so AU$190 all up. They are down to 79EUR now (AU$ 1166) (US$87)
LAZER SOLANO SUPERSKIN HYPER REFLEKTIVE GR M XL SILBER MATT HELM MOTORRADHELM
The hyper-reflective Solano is great for night use. The whole helmet surface lights up from any angle! Comes with a Pinlock antifog, breath and chin guard but the latter two I removed as very small aperture to get head in even in XL and chin guard useless with by my beard. Vents pretty old style and no rear exit but at least they don't open and close with my chin while wearing as I found when I tried on a Bell Bullitt in Carbon Union Jack pattern.

Last edited:
That 7jurock.com website also has some easily adapted lowers as well on special now

US$40
REPLACEMENT LOWER WIND DEFLECTORS
7Jurock offers replacement Lower Wind Deflectors. Lowers really help to reduce the wind by directing it around you farther out and farther back. Handcrafted from 0.187 (3/16") thick cast aircraft grade acrylic. Available in Clear and Light Gray. Lowers are manufactured to order. Edges are hand ground and polished.

Yamaha

Yamaha_Tour_Deluxe_Lowers.JPG

YAM04002.JPG

YAM04004_A.JPG

Kawasaki

KAW04002_2.JPG

KAW04006-040811.jpg

KAW04006_B.JPG

KAW04003.jpg

Suzuki

SUZ04002_1.JPG

Victory

VIC04001_PIC1.jpg

VIC04001_B.JPG

The OME windshield for my Roadster was only 18 inches from light cutout to top and I had it raised as high as it would go. I wished to add 2 inches and keep the cutout close as possible to the headlights, so I ciphered out what the appropriate 7Jurock distance would be. I don't remember what that measurement was at the moment.

No worries, I'll just get the tape measure out on mine tomorrow.

Tomorrow / mañana is a month downunder, remember we are much further South than Mexico :D

Clearview and 7JuRock use different measuring points.

Clearview - Length is measured in the center of the shield from the dip between the headlights to the top of the shield.
2″ Added Width (27") on longer than stock GT Models for Increased Side Protection (Not Available in the stock)

Upper Recurve Pushes the Airflow 1.5" - 2" Higher
• Creates a Better Pocket with a Shorter Shield
• Makes the Shield More Rigid
• Adds a Nice Look to the Shield

Mine is 19.5" length, they say Stock is 20" and 25" across the front curve

7JuRock - offers: 9"- 17" Height, 26" Width. Height is measured from the middle of the center mounting hole to the top of the windshield. Width is measured at the widest point around the front, following the curvature of the windshield.
Mine is 11" Height and 25" across the front curve

I am happy with my Bell 500 3/4 but... the Solano looks nice. I might just try one. There are some on eBay for an OK price. Like you,I have bought my helmets from stored old
stock in good condition for pennies on the $.

0423161257a_HDR.jpg s-l1600 (9).jpg s-l1600 (14).jpg R31.jpeg My deflectors just look cool. Still have to install the new shield.
HJC SCORPION BELL STAR

FYI...I made some larger versions of the existing lowers that are found on the touring. They still clear the radiator housing and are a little longer, but I found them to be a little to warm for the hot weather. They should work well in the spring and fall. I had a set like @1K9 is showing on my Harley Fatboy and they really made a big difference with the air flow and creating a better riding pocket.

This is the best secret for keeping your hands warm...a Bedifferent Original!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    247.2 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    301.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
FYI...I made some larger versions of the existing lowers that are found on the touring. They still clear the radiator housing and are a little longer, but I found them to be a little to warm for the hot weather. They should work well in the spring and fall. I had a set like @1K9 is showing on my Harley Fatboy and they really made a big difference with the air flow and creating a better riding pocket.

This is the best secret for keeping your hands warm...a Bedifferent Original!

Great idea, are they the type of air deflector that is usually fitted to the top of a bike screen? Source and cost details please.

Great idea, are they the type of air deflector that is usually fitted to the top of a bike screen? Source and cost details please.

Nope...just one of my fabricated projects from scratch. Camco RV awning wind deflappers, some polycarbonate pieces, 1/2" aluminum rod with flats cut on the end for a good mounting surface for the polycarbonate pieces, set screws, a nylon spacer. After I found the sweet spot I actually put a single screw through each of the mounts to fasten them permanently to the windshield. They actually held just fine with the deflapper clamps tightened down. Maybe too easy to steal. The nylon spacer prevents flexing and over tightening of the clamp.

I did a post a year or so ago about this...I'll find it and post the link.

Here is the link....
What do you think?....Hand wind deflectors

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    88.3 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    125.4 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    80.5 KB · Views: 2