Long Oval Helmets

Claviger

Aspiring Student
Ride
'21 Z H2, '14 R3R, '02 Daytona 955i
I have a weird shape nugget. Viewed from the top its a long oval with more of a round front and pointed back, sort of like an HR Geiger alien head :)

SO helmet selection is, uhh fun. Currently rocking a Nexx XR1.R. I love it, it's amazing, but it is definitely a race oriented helmet.

Wondering if anyone has any input on quite long oval helmets that they like for a reasonable price.

Currently I've found:
Nexx XT1
Nexx XD1
Icon Airmada
Icon Airframe PRO

Aside from that... nothing fits. Any suggestions from others with long ovals? I'm looking for a more road oriented helmet, like the XT1, or Shoei GT Air, but the GT Air doesn't fit and the XT1 is looking like the best candidate currently. Additionally, weight is an issue, I have a bad neck, so full carbon shells preferred.

There was a time, back when I was racing dirt bike, when you bought an Arai or Shoei depending on your head shape. All Arai made was oval and all Shoei made was round. They have since crossed into each others territory.

Arai helmets are nice, but I can't stand them, as much as the Signet Q fits well, I have a ton gripes about the fit finish and feel of them. None of the issues seem to bother anyone else so I must be an outlier Lol.

Yeah, think im going to settle on a new XD1 or the Touratec aventour, amazing looking in my opinion and nice feature set.

I don't think CABERG are available in the US, are they? - Otherwise I'd suggest the Tourmax.
Apart from cheap they're also VERY safe. See UK SHARP scheme ratings.

I had a Nexx and after it wore in a bit my chin touched the front. No problems with my Caberg Duke - and my next lid will be a Tourmax.

Back