Like My Rear?

Cheeky, you sure are taking some awfully large bites .... have you a money tree growing in your backyard?:p

Looks fantastic..

Would you mind letting me know where you got the carbon bits from??

I want some of those, particularly the rear end - but still to be able to have the touring seat on there somehow..

CARBON DRY in japan look them up on the net ( NOT CHEAP)

Cheeky,

Albetaduke is right, and yes, you can still get a touring seat on it. I swapped a Corbin Dualtour onto it from a previous Rocket when I bought this one.

It looks like a bit of a mattress, but I'm assured the back is comfortable, and you can fit a Corbin backrest directly into the seat.

I flogged the Dualtour and fitted a standard Triumph single seat and for occasional use had a modified Triumph gel Pillion with a sissy bar incorporated into it because you can't have a Triumph sissy because the3 fixings are hidden by the bodywork.

The wife won't go on it any more so now it looks like this;

I wonder why not..

I mean, the bike doesnt look intimidating at all.. :p

Could be that something like that, in the traffic of England makes for a somewhat nervy passenger ride.. :eek::D

Or maybe its that she cant hold on when you snap the throttle open?? More likely - I wonder how you hold on to it - must have a neck and arms like a gorilla by now (just joking!) to have the strength to hold on to that beast!

I thought my street triple was bad when I snapped open the throttle (and that was super lightweight too - kind of like the millenium falcon when you hit the go button) but yours is just a different league..

seat

Joker said

I flogged the Dualtour and fitted a standard Triumph single seat and for occasional use had a modified Triumph gel Pillion with a sissy bar incorporated into it because you can't have a Triumph sissy because the 3 fixings are hidden by the bodywork.

from the looks on the new paint and seat did you replaced the standard seat with the gel pillion seat for the red and black trimmed seat .. if so , do you want to sell the standard seat +gel pillion seat? I am looking at something more comfortable for my wife .and that pillion could be the ticket.

Sorry Albertaduke, I'm keeping the other set up for occasional pillion use. My middle step daughter is an adrenalin addict too, and you never know, the next bint I find might be too. ;)

Cheekygrin,

No worries, I know I'm a Neanderthal ;) you can hang onto it if you get your arse wedged into the Corbin and grip with your knees, in addition to hanging onto the bars. It's helped by the bars being from a HD Nightster. They are narrower and have far less pulback than standard so you're leaning forward anyway. Between them and the fly screen it's good for 160mph. The really fun part is how fast it gets there. 0 to 140mph in 10s is enormous fun.

I know from friends how much fun snapping the throttle is on a Speed Triple is. Unfortunately due to age, weight and injuries I no longer fold comfortably onto anything less comfortable than this. I had rear sets on it for a while but my hip wouldn't tolerate them (I'm waiting for a replacement after a high side sat 60mph). I'm also waiting for an operation on my right shoulder to repair damage from the same off, but I can still ride, much to the chagrin of my physio.

The Millenium Falcon analogy is a good one. It's a bit like being in a cartoon. You twist the throttle and you head for the horizon like you been hit up the arse by a missile.

The Carbon Dry carbon fibre gear is top notch, as are the BST CF wheels. Bloody works of art. Even with just the front wheel it changes direction so much quicker I nearly threw it on it's side the first time I was out after fitting it.

There are still a few bits to do. I need to lower the front mudguard to get it closer to the new wheel and tyre. The front footpegs will be replaced with custom jobs. The rear will be replaced by chrome spikes.

The new Oil tank embelisher was chosen because the first words out of most people when they see it are "Fk me, that's a Beast"......

As I said the Carbon Dry stuff is not cheap, but it's beautiful. The paint scheme was designed to leave as much as poss still visible.

Last edited:
the beast

I understand no sale but if you change your mind .... your bike looks just like mine in my dreams.. awesome!! is that rear tire a toyo?

Back