Want to Buy Left handlebar switch assembly R3T

Boog

Traveling Story Teller
Ride
2014 R3T, RAMAIR, Full Viking Dual exhaust
I'm in need of the switch assembly for the left hand side that houses the bright light switch, the auxiliary light switch, blinker indicator switch and horn button. I have replaced everything else trying to get my aux lights to work and this is the last piece left to swap out. With Christmas time here, I don't have enough to buy a new unit and Triumph doesn't sell the switch separately. The blinker switch is getting pretty grindy too so might as well replace the whole thing.

This is the one on the bike now
20171212_192931.jpg

I would pull the switch assembly apart and spray WD40 through the whole thing and blow it out with compressed air - get the crap out of it to start with.
once you have it apart check the circuitry with a test light or multi-meter - if you have power going in and not out at any switch position - its the switch, repairable if not physically broken or worn beyond help.
just keep in mind if the switch tests ok then you may have a broken wire at a flex point or a bad connection.

I would pull the switch assembly apart and spray WD40 through the whole thing and blow it out with compressed air - get the crap out of it to start with.
once you have it apart check the circuitry with a test light or multi-meter - if you have power going in and not out at any switch position - its the switch, repairable if not physically broken or worn beyond help.
just keep in mind if the switch tests ok then you may have a broken wire at a flex point or a bad connection.

I used Lectramotive to clean inside the switch housing. Lots of yuck came out. Now my blinker switch is gritty. I cleaned it a second time and lubed the blinker switch with dielectric grease but it's still gritty and sticks now.

Cool, that is the full Monty and seems like an easy swap, thanks!

Back