keyless securety

nightrocket

.040 Over
Iv been digging through some threads and haven't found one yet that presents this. it would be an alternative to the ignition relocation, and just nice to have. http://www.digitalguarddawg.com/installation_Honda.html this is a keyless security system, though it is for a Honda the system looks fairly generic and could be adapted to work on the rocket. it has one option that is a relay interrupt, so basically you put in the special relay and with the system armed the relay does not work. but when the key fob is within range its deactivated and works normally. they other system works the same but would take the place of the ignition switch. so you can just walk up and ride off no key needed. you would only have to have a key to use your fork lock.

as is my first post and am new to the forums, hello all.

Hi nightrocket, and welcome. That would be a neat little gadget. I guess you have to make sure that you flip the kill switch so the ignition won't be kicking on and off if you are walking around in the area?

im still reading up on it but it apears it does have a button on the fob to manualy operate the system so if your goin to be hanging around you can hit it so it wont keep tripping it.

Hardley's security systems opperates on the same principle. I duno what happens when the battery goes dead in the fob... I rented a hardley last fall in florida and it was a real pleasure no having to screw with the key. I guess that's good ole yankee injun eweity(ewe for jack)

Hardley's security systems opperates on the same principle. I duno what happens when the battery goes dead in the fob... I rented a hardley last fall in florida and it was a real pleasure no having to screw with the key. I guess that's good ole yankee injun eweity(ewe for jack)

Good point. A car security fob will give you indications that the battery is failing, increasingly becoming less efficient. I've the impression that these don't necessarily require the press of a button on a fob. Particularly the upper $360 model.

You could be lucky enough to be riding with Brittman. I understand he has everything in his fork tool bag. Perhaps he has a rack of various replacement batteries as well :D

Last edited:
Look ma no key

Correct, The fob only had to be on your person, (I believe they told me within 30')not a function of pushing or clicking a button,

OTW, I like it. But, I'll have to wait for the next ship to come in. I dislike fumbling for a key; I can do that to lock/unlock the forks.

So sorry, welcome to the forum NightRocket. Do join in often!

Back